Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charcoal

Jackh
Jackh Posts: 109
Found Kebroak Restaurant hardwood charcoal on Amazon $29.62 per 40 lb bag free shipping if you are Prime member. Has anyone herd or tried this stuff?
Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I haven't heard of it, but the Whiz has a review from the manufacturer.  Bag doesn't look exactly the same but might get you close:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Jackh
    Jackh Posts: 109
    For the price and that revue seams worth a try
    Lg&Sm ---Middleport NY
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    The stuff on Amazon is the Fogo, right?  I hope to review it later in June. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Looks like it's not available yet....I'm game at that price it's not much of a gamble.  The pictures make it look great, good sized pieces which I prefer.
  • DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    edited June 2013
    I got my bag last Thursday and cut into it today....this lump has some seriously large pieces

I've only done one cook on it so far but I like it....after I fired up the Egg I went about doing a few things around the yard while waiting for the Egg to heat up.....10-15 minutes later I hear popping..went up to check on the Egg and my thermometer was heading for a second lap around....well over 800 degrees.....impressive.   Turned my vents down and got it back down to 650 for my steaks and finished the cook.   Looks like some pretty good lump, guess I won't treat it like Weekend Warrior on the warmup though....lol.....    I'll be buying more if the price stays low.