Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weekend cooks - stuffed mushroom (pics)

bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum

Had a birthday party for my daughter on memorial weekend and we ordered a bunch of food but for appetizer, I made stuffed mushrooms on the mini.

Here are a couple of pics. They came out great and everyone loved it! 

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·

Comments

• JebpotJebpot Posts: 344
    Looks great!!! Homemade receipe?

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 253

need more info on how you did them...i like'm....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • Drooling on my keyboard, please share the receipe.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    edited May 2013
    They look huge on the mini! Can't go wrong with bacon, looks great.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736

Link to recipe --> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/bacon-stuffed-mushrooms-recipe/index.html.

The only thing is we didn't follow the recipe to the letter as I'm not good at following directions and like to improvise as I go :D

So, we cut the stem that was removed from the baby bella into small pieces to add to the stuffing. Then, I took the bacon and onions and sauteed it on the egg with cream cheese.  Once done, mixed it up with bread crumb, slight bourbon, grated parmesan and the "cut up stem pieces." I then sprinkled the stuffing with Dizzy Dust instead of salt and pepper. After stuffing it into the mushrooms, I put it back in the egg for direct grill approx. 7-9 minutes for each batch.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • DeviledeggerDeviledegger Posts: 235
    Nice cook. I'm always looking for good stuffings for mushrooms, pork loin, etc.
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,127

The only thing is we didn't follow the recipe to the letter as I'm not good at following directions and like to improvise as I go :D

Because of this^, we will be great friends. :)

Nice looking cooks!
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·