Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Granite is in!

Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited May 2013 in EGG Table Forum

Too much rain to finish it today but it's here and waiting to be epoxied.

photo DSC_01091.jpg

photo DSC_01081.jpg

And Irish, I chose the colour myself, in sun it really picks up the green in your eyes....no wait I mean  green in the eggs

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Love it man. Quiet the work station!

XLBGE 
  • nice. That thing would be 8000 degrees in the summer down here. Really cool though.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Decided against the underslung sink. Putting the mini there instead

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Looks good, never see mini that tall and slim. Looks great!!!!

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Jebpot
    Had to turn pic sideways to look right lol. That does look good.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Jebpot
    Floor is nice too.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Little Steven
    nice. That thing would be 8000 degrees in the summer down here. Really cool though.

Don't really have that problem here so much. I was going to leave the original stainless top but thought that would get too hot. The back of it faces west so the glare would have been bad too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    beautiful work area 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Little Steven
    edited May 2013
    We had a house fire and I was scared out of my wits about it happening again. There was no brick ledge so I had the house clad in cement board and stucco. The deck is stamped concrete at about four feet high and there are heating tubes run through for when I get around to connecting them to the boiler.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks nice!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Now that is something to aspire to although I certainly could not handle the SWMBO pay-back.  Beautiful venue as well. No wonder you can run up 21K+ posts working in an area like that.  May want to put a semi-permanent sleeping set-up and beverage cooler rig out there and you are good to go til the GWN winter rolls around.  Very nice!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    That's beautiful LS!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Lou, I paid $500 for the stainless unit about ten years ago from a used restaurant supply. Granite was wholesale but still over a K

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

@Ls, superb, fabulous and nicely done.

I wish I could do it.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Little Steven
    edited May 2013
    I probably should explain. I have two new eggs at the shop to be installed in this thing. There are two 8 " feather fans on the back which can be run by a temp controller. Instead of putting a blower in I can just set the vents and have the egg controlled by pressure within the cabinet. We did a test run and they work like a charm. The holes in the granite are 20.5 inches and will be siliconed in to make the storage watertight.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665

I probably should explain. I have two new eggs at the shop to be installed in this thing. There are two 8 " feather fans on the back which can be run by a temp controller. Instead of putting a blower in I can just set the vents and have the egg controlled by pressure within the cabinet. We did a test run and they work like a charm. The holes in the granite are 20.5 inches and will be siliconed in to make the storage watertight.

Sick man. Just sick. =P~

XLBGE 
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Very classy...don't think the "girls" from the Chicken Ranch would fit in there =((
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Really looks nice. When you say"clad in cement board" is that Hardyplank? That is what I have.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Sweet set up. Our house is Hardy plank also. Small and mimi on on concrete, hardy plank and stone back porch. i have piece of mind knowing the only thing a spark can set on fire is the bench cushion or the chair cushions. Question. How will the cold stone stand up to winter cooking with the two extreme temps? I do like the air flow set up.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Little Steven
    Mickey said:
    Really looks nice. When you say"clad in cement board" is that Hardyplank? That is what I have.
    No Mic it's cement board, like drywall but used in shower and baths.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Looks nice. Don't take it for "granite". :P
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Sweet set up. Our house is Hardy plank also. Small and mimi on on concrete, hardy plank and stone back porch. i have piece of mind knowing the only thing a spark can set on fire is the bench cushion or the chair cushions. Question. How will the cold stone stand up to winter cooking with the two extreme temps? I do like the air flow set up.

Joan, I don't know. I oversized the top so there wasn't a thin strip of granite in front or behind the egg. I think that it will be ok because of the slow rise and fall of the temps.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    It's a rock... You should be fine.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Yeah but I didn't ask where it came from. Coulda been a southern rock and used to warmer temps

Steve 

Caledon, ON