Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermometer, Choices?

SCalHotRodSCalHotRod Posts: 49
edited 7:09PM in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,

I took the plunge today and bought a large BGE, but the dealer was out of the stock thermometers.

Are there any other choices for thermos other than the factory one?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Santa Clara, CA
·

Comments

• do a search for TEL-true thermometers they are the best for the BGE
    ·
  • I found the Tel-Tru therms and saw that they make a stock replacement ones for the BGEs, but there are still quite a few choices.

Which one did you get??

Chris
    ·
  • I found the Tel-Tru therms and saw that they make a stock replacement ones for the BGEs, but there are still quite a few choices.

Which one did you get??

Chris
    ·
  • Last time I looked they had four choices. Two temperature ranges in two stem lengths. I think the longer stem length will be a little more accurate, but I've the short stems and they seem to work well enough. The temperature range would depend on what you think you need. Good luck!

TNW
    The Naked Whiz
    ·