Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire ring

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
Does anyone use the two each fire ring in their large big green egg and if so when ?
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Not sure what you are discussing @bigphil. If you are talking about the added ceramic ring that is two or three inches thick my buddy has one and I think in the five years he's had his Egg we haven't used it when I've been at his place. I'm assuming it just creates a more raised direct so maybe we have used it but I've had a couple to many cocktails to notice.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    @Scottborasjr my bad with the typo yes i was referring to the two inch fire ring 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I've never cooked without it...and in fact often put bricks on it to raise the cooking grid even higher.
  • Chezbob
    Chezbob Posts: 7
    Options
    I add a second full fire ring when cooking Spatchcock chicken and will use it when cooking a big batch of wings.  It lets you get the wings nice and crispy.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I bought one to raise my cooking grill higher then I found out about the Adj. Rig & haven't used it since.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.