Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm getting hungry.

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
eggpic.jpg
<p />I try to read this forum while I'm at work but it always makes me hungry for my BGE. I have had my Egg for a year and only recently started to check out this forum. What took me so long? You guys have lots of great recipes and ideas. Happy 4th to all.
Wish I was smokin,
RBK

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    RBK, Nice setup and welcome to the forum!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    RBK , Wow...where have ya been..Thats a great tile and woodworking job on that cabinet..Beautiful..
    Welcome to the hottest cooking forum going..(we think anyway)
    C~W[p]

• Wow!!! I too say WOW!! Do you live anywhere near Drexel North Carolina. Beautiful set up--Welcome--If you have any recipes that are as good as that humpty holder looks -- SHARE THEM!!!
    yours in the egg--the WOW!! Colonel

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    RBK ,
    Not sure WHAT took you so long to find us here, but looks like you've been busy in the meantime!! Nice job on the great home for humpty...is that a medium?? Hard to judge the scale![p]Welcome to the group here. You will learn more than you ever imagined if you hang out for a spell. We'd be also curious what you have learned in the absence of the forum. You probably have quite a few of your own techniques you have developed without being steered by the forum. Sorta like Jimi Hendrix was self-taught, and came up with his own thing!! Well kinda.[p]So, what you got cookin this weekend at your gorgeous cook center??[p]Happy Freeedom
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • RBK ,
    Beautiful job on the table. In the photo however, it looks like there is no air gap between the tile and grout and the egg. I have always thought that when I built on that I would leave about an inch. I know that would be necessary if the wood frame was touching it but with the quarry tile I guess not. [p]I guess I was thinking too, that would be needed for expansion of the egg. If your tile and grout is tight up against the egg, has this not been a problem? Have you had the egg up to some high temps with this setup, like for searing a steak? Thanks for your help.

• Carlina Wizard, There is actually a small gap between the egg and the table. I used sanded silicone based caulk around the egg. I have had it up to 700deg with no problems at all. Most of the high heat seems to stay in the lid not the base. I am not real familar with the thermal dynamics of ceramic but I don't think that it expands enough to worry about. Good luck
    RBK

• RBK,
    Yeah, I thought about it after I sent you the question, if expansion is that big of a problem those metal rings that they use to hold the egg in the egg stand might be a problem also. But an engineer may say that the metal ring expands easier than the ceramic...who knows? Anywho, I still love your table and I'll have me one like it soon. Thanks again for the inspiration!!

• The Colonel,
    I live in Salt Lake City, UT.

• Carolina Wizard,
    The total cost for materials was about $200.00. I used 1x4x6' rough cut cedar fence boards from Home Depot and planed them smooth. The frame is made out of 2x4 studs. 3/4" plywood under wonderboard provide the base for the ceramic tile counter top. I made a cover out of heavy canvas which I keep on it when not in use.
    If you have any more questions let me know.
    RBK

• Nature Boy,
    I am better at making tables than making up recipes. Yes, it is a medium. Now that I'm here on the forum my variety of Egg meals will increase. Unfortunately I have to work all weekend so the Egg will be cold.
    Drink and smoke one for me,
    RBK