Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Whoopsie!

rholtrholt Posts: 368
So I was at academy the other day and I picked up a 17 poun bag of b&b oak charcoal for 10$. Well much to my surprise when I got home it was natural briquettes and not lump. Oh well. I will just grill a few times and use it up before some low and slows.
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,423
    Take it back?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Meh. I will use it I guess. What's the harm?
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,738
    Really isn't any harm I guess but you are going to have to take all of the guts of the Egg out to clean all the excess ash that it produces.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 672
    It's $10...give it to a friend with a Weber...
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    Nothing horrible about using briquettes for BBQ.  I used them in my WSM for years and made some great food.  I prefer lump but will use briquettes in a pinch.  Sure makes a lot of smoke and ash though...
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,120

It's $10...give it to a friend with a Weber...

You have friends with webers...

They'll let anybody in here these days

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    Hmm. I don't really have any non-egg friends. What a quandary.
    ·