Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day Brisket

Options
13»

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Just took out of cooler and pulled some off from the point, the wife freaked out and said this is competitive. Thanks to everyone on here who guided me. Cen Tex you are the man.

I didn't cook it. That looks really good. You know how to cut it right? that makes a big difference when it's go time. Congrats. As our good friend evans egger would say to his good friend chrisnjenn: "winna, winna, chicken dinna". Great job!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited May 2013
    Options
    BTW- you cut that piece with the grain (not what you want when you slice it all). let me know if you have any questions before monday
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    So did you pull it?? 

It's burnt now if not

Its pulled and sorta sliced. And also I thought about you today. Wife just became the number one at her place and is looking for good people. If you were interested in being city folk let me know. She is looking.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    It looks so good my mouth is watering. That will make for good eating over the weekend.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    This is one of the more exciting threads I've read in a while - not as much fun as the one where Little Steven's computer started speaking Canuckinese - but close.

You nailed this one!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    caliking said:
    This is one of the more exciting threads I've read in a while - not as much fun as the one where Little Steven's computer started speaking Canuckinese - but close.

You nailed this one!
    Thanks @caliking I was nervous about this one and my wife had to sit me down. I am so happy that this was educational and we had fun.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    Options
    Nice work!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Nicholas_Wetton
    Options
    I'm looking for guidance on a 'flat' cut. I haven't found anywhere local that sells a 'packer', yet. How long a cook per pound? Should I wrap it foil during the cook? Should I mop during the cook? Any other considerations? Thank you!
    Bronxville, New York. XLBGE, MBGE
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I just put a flat on the Egg a few minutes ago.  Not gonna sweat it.  We'll see how it turns out.  It's only meat, and I have a ton of beer that will make me quickly forget it.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm looking for guidance on a 'flat' cut. I haven't found anywhere local that sells a 'packer', yet. How long a cook per pound? Should I wrap it foil during the cook? Should I mop during the cook? Any other considerations? Thank you!

start a new discussion so the threads don't get all mixed up. Too hard to follow.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks like you done real good @TUTTLE871. Sorry I couldn't have been any help. Left town Thursday night and this is the first time I've been on a computer since then. You were in good hands, though. 

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Awesome looking brisket! Great work.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    Wow , Looks Fantastic!!, ^:)^
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • TUTTLE871
    Options
    Brisket went great for the weekend. Cen Tex I did notice I did cut with the grain on that piece (alot of bourbon was involved by then).
    But I did cut against the grain on the rest. Everyone at the party could not stop taking about the brisket. I think the Franklins way if salt and pepper is the perfect way to enjoy the taste of the meat.

Thanks to all!

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Brisket went great for the weekend. Cen Tex I did notice I did cut with the grain on that piece (alot of bourbon was involved by then). But I did cut against the grain on the rest. Everyone at the party could not stop taking about the brisket. I think the Franklins way if salt and pepper is the perfect way to enjoy the taste of the meat. Thanks to all!
    nice man! Always fun to hit one out of the park.