Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What happened? Need help ASAP!

I have a Large BGE and have used it religously for the last 4 or 5 years. I have never had any issues from it, using it for everything from low temp smokes to high temp steaks. This past week I decided to try my hand at pizza making. I run the grill up to about 600-650 temp and cooked a couple pizzas on 5/20. I started noticing my gasket was wearing but it was still holding on and no smoke was escaping the crack so I thought it was fine. Fast forward to Memorial Day weekend. On 5/25 I did a couple hour cook, mostly around 350 degrees. Everything was fine, still no smoke leaking from the crack and everything worked as it should. The next day I had family over and we decided to cook a few pizzas again. After the first pizza I noticed some smoke escaping the seam so I figured that cook would do my gasket in. I cooked the first and second pizza with no issue, but when I went to put the third in my dome slipped out of the band and toppled over the edge of the deck. I'm not sure what would have caused this. I tighten all bolts and bands a couple times a year and have never had an issue with them loosening. The dome appears to be fine, but with small children at the house this grill has now become a liability. I need to figure out how to resolve this immediately so that it doesn't happen again. Thank you for your help.

Comments