Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket in the oven

Started a 11 lb brisket yesterday around 4:45 pm on the XL. It was doing fine until about 10:30 this morning when the temp in the egg started to drop. I cooked at 220 grid using my DigiQ and bumped it to 225 this morning. The brisket was at 186 and climbing nicely when I lost my fire. I double wrapped it and put it in the oven at 250 or so to finish. Then I looked in the fire box of the XL and I had burned all the lump except for about six pieces which surprised me. It was loaded when I started. I've never run out before.

Any suggestions on finishing in the oven? I know the brisket lost some heat in the transfer. I'm wondering how long till finish and how often to check with my thermapen? I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else. Bummed... but it looks good so far if I don't screw it up. Pictures later.
XLBGE & LBGE
North Richland Hills, TX

Comments