Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ping natureboy

wingfoot
wingfoot Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Chris,[p]Your Jamaican Firewalk is THE BOMB for pulled pork. I bought a couple of shoulders yesterday, brought them home and rubbed them with mustard and dusted them heavy with JF. Let them sit in the fridge for about 4 hours. While they were sitting, I made up an injection with apple juice, ACV, what's dis cheer, dark karo, and a more of the rub........ brought it to a boil and then got it ice cold before injecting the butts. 22 hours later, we were eating what my wife called the absolute best barbecue pork EVER. She didn't even put any sauce on hers. Thanks for a great product.[p]Mike

Comments

• 40643121_3ec87b18f9.jpg?v=0
    <p />wingfoot,
    I understand ya completely brotha! That stuff is so addicting I had to order the 2 lb size because I go through the smaller ones too quickly. Once you start putting that on stuff like salads and pizza, in addition to all your pork and chicken, you will want that size also!
    ST

• Smokin' Todd,[p]I'll be ordering that size next time. I've got Dizzy Dust, Cowlick, Swamp Venom, Raging River, and Firewalk in the pantry. I'm really becoming fond of the stuff with some heat, although I like them all. I put Swamp Venom on the babybacks I did last weekend. They were mighty good, too.[p]Mike

• wingfoot,
    Swamp Venom is my staple seasoning for baby backs. I tried the Raging River at Nature Dude's insistance, but the SV is the bomb for me!!![p]DrR

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Howdy Mike!
    Been a few days since I got on the forum, and this is a hell of a nice way to start a Tuesday mornin. Thanks!! The kids are off to their first day of school and the house is quiet too![p]Glad you enjoyed the pork. You put even more of the firewalk in the injection? Cool. Would not have thought of Firewalk on pork, but I have been diggin on the Venom lately. I can sorta taste it now. I guess the heat mellowed quite a bit?? Or did a little of the heat kick end up in the final product??[p]I love seeing the new things folks come up with. It's what makes the world go 'round! A fine week to you. The weather in the DC area is nothing short of perfect. [p]Oh well....back to work I guess!
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • They have a 2 lb size! How did I miss that, and I still don't see it on the web site. What am I missing?

• Grillicious,[p]Yeah!! How much would that cost a brother?
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Grillicious,
    I have not advertised it, but, for existing customers that request it, I can take special orders ahead of time for 2 pound batches. I don't have containers yet, so sometimes I use old quart McCormicks containers, or mostly just ship it in a ziplock bag. The price for 2 pounds is $23. It takes from 2-4 weeks, as I make these up each time I mix a new batch.[p]Hopefully before too long I will have the time and the capital to order new labels and containers and officially offer the large containers. But things are moving slowly![p]Happy cookin!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,[p]I'm calling the wife now. I need 2 pounds of Raging River!!