Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mexican Coke Ribs

Coming along nicely. Here's to our fallen heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for us!!
image.jpg 831.2K

Comments

• AltonAlton Posts: 443
    Mexican Coke??? Please do explain. :-S
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Mexican Coke is the BOMB. Made with real cane sugar not crappy corn syrup. Marinade it in the coke with some garlic and onion for 24 hours, sprinkle with dry rub. Cook low and slow at 220 and spritz with Mexican Coke every 30 mins for 4 hours. About to baste with bbq sauce, cover and cook about one more hour.
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,339
    You had me at Mexican Coke :\">
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,632
    I understood Mexican Coke to be something else entirely.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    Me too. Booger sugar
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Sweet Mother of God we just had a sample... Ready to dig in. Sooooo tasty!! Like them even better than our Dr Pepper BBQ ribs.
    image.jpg 2.2M
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,689
    my guys are always telling me they are....found some at Publix. They were right.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lisanevadalisanevada Posts: 17
    This sounds really good. Do they really need the BBQ sauce at the end? My husband and I prefer our ribs naked.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587

This sounds really good. Do they really need the BBQ sauce at the end? My husband and I prefer our ribs naked.

Some people wear underwear, some don't. Some socks, some don't.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,555
    No shirt, no shoes, no problem!

No pants... problems... :-\"
  • CajunEggHeadCajunEggHead Posts: 189
    Steen's Syrup in pure cane syrup if you can find it in your area

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,689

Lisa, I'm going to give you a pass. Just thus once.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Not the Mexican coke I'm used to