Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Why do I cook so slow?

I'm just curious why my low and slow cooks seem to take longer than most peoples?

A couple examples:

-10lb shoulder @ 225 grate temp on BGE for 20 hours.
-10lb brisket on right now for 17 hours @ 225 grate temp on BGE and internal is 185, not probe tender yet.

I run a Maverick and a Digi-Q and the temp reading are near identical.

I also run a fan off the DigiQ so temp fluctuations are within 3-4 degrees the whole time.

I do not peek, in fact the shoulder didn't even see the light of day until 16-17 hours in, the brisket I have on now was sealed up for 15 hours right up until I probed it a few times. Even then, temp drop was only around 10 degrees and picked back up within 10 minutes.

I'm at 1,580ft above sea level. I'm stumped.

Comments