Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Breakfast Pizza

Good morning all! Never really posted here and finally had a little time from grad school. Just figured I would share this mornings adventures on my XL. Yesterday I tried this recipe for simple Neapolitan Pizza: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/07/basic-neapolitan-pizza-dough-recipe.html Let it rise and split into 4 portions of dough. From there we cooked up some scrambled, fried, and over easy eggs, sausage, and bacon for the pies. Got the egg to about ~525-550 degrees. The first pie went too quick for me to get a photo. Does anyone else find that the first pie cooked usually have the smokiest flavor? HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!! Thank you veterans -ed
image.jpg 857.2K
image.jpg 842.8K
image.jpg 682.1K
image.jpg 717.8K

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,629
    Nice!
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    Looks awesome! Would definitely take some of that for breakfast!
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,335
    Looks perfect!!! Good job!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,527
    Nice pie!

Ricky

Spring, TX

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    Nice. Breakfast pie is good eats
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Looks great.  what did you use for sauce if any
  • eddieproeddiepro Posts: 42
    The first pie was naked-scrambled egg, bacon, sausage and cheese. The second we used ketchup with bacon and fried eggs and cheese. And the third we tried to channel some sunny side up, but the eggs got super cooked through. We did a layer of siracha, sausage, cheese and sunny sides, next time I may crack a raw egg right into the pie.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,142
    Fantastic. Breakfast cooks of any kind are always fun.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 374
    awesome.  looks great.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)