Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Double Briksets, Yard Bird, Cobbler, Watermelon Tossing and other Musings by Centex

13»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    This thread reads better than Salado....the recovery will be another pearl of ...Dang-someone has to have all the fun!!  Rally to die may be in the cards!!!  Briskets are to almost die for... :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932

hapster said:

I'm just happy that I live 1600 miles from Cen-Tex

Property values in his neighborhood are sure to plummet by tomorrow morning...

I've lived here for 4 years. that ship has sailed. For sale signs everywhere.

+1. I just sold my house in 9 days, moving down the street. Of course,I just got my backyard the way I wanted it, now moving.

2 Large brisket at once, you da man!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

It's noon eastern time in a few minutes. Atlantic it's way past

Fair enough. image

Usually those sideways pictures are wrong.. But a beer pic should be sideways....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Shouldn't only wine be in a "sideways" pic?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I'm pretty sure CT sicked up on his keyboard. Otherwise he would be here

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Doesn't he send crap in on his iPad? Shouldn't gorilla glass stand up to Mogilla? Maybe he's so plastered he got confused and is using his iPad to wipe up the mess instead of paper towels. Poor naming choice on Apple's part, right CT?
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    caliking said:

The anticipation is killing me!! I wanna see some chicken tossing or salad tossing or whatever is scheduled to happen...

Do you realize what tossing salad is?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Is that a vegetarian practising prison rule 38?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• im alive but down for the count. no watermelons thrown (we did have a significant no-show. claims it was a back injury and even had a doctor's note but i know it was a swollen man-gina that kept him at home.) food was serviceable and drink plentiful. it got a little weird but thankfully we had several very young children show up to keep things on the rails. no rules (especially 38) were violated. i need an 8 hour nap
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the salad tossing remark. It was meant in jest, but it took a thread building up to a great party down an enitrely different road. Uncalled for. My bad. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    No requests for bail? No trips to the ER?

What a let down... Potentially epic thread fail.

;)
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    caliking said:

I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the salad tossing remark. It was meant in jest, but it took a thread building up to a great party down an enitrely different road. Uncalled for. My bad. 

Hmm ok :-?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    edited May 2013
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    im alive but down for the count. no watermelons thrown (we did have a significant no-show. claims it was a back injury and even had a doctor's note but i know it was a swollen man-gina that kept him at home.) food was serviceable and drink plentiful. it got a little weird but thankfully we had several very young children show up to keep things on the rails. no rules (especially 38) were violated. i need an 8 hour nap
    Food was outstanding.  Seriously.  I thought it was one of your better better briskets but I did get the best part of it.  The yard bird was a huge hit too.  Mac and cheese, cobbler, Blue Bell ice cream...great spread.  Yes, all those little kids did keep things more wholesome than usual but that's not always a bad thing.  Case in point I was awake and functional before 8 AM the morning following a pool party with you.  That is a first.  Maybe we are finally growing up?  Nah...this was an outlier.  I am sure we'll prove that true on the beach trip in a couple weeks.  Thanks for having us!

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2013
    lakewade said:
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    im alive but down for the count. no watermelons thrown (we did have a significant no-show. claims it was a back injury and even had a doctor's note but i know it was a swollen man-gina that kept him at home.) food was serviceable and drink plentiful. it got a little weird but thankfully we had several very young children show up to keep things on the rails. no rules (especially 38) were violated. i need an 8 hour nap
    Food was outstanding.  Seriously.  I thought it was one of your better better briskets but I did get the best part of it.  The yard bird was a huge hit too.  Mac and cheese, cobbler, Blue Bell ice cream...great spread.  Yes, all those little kids did keep things more wholesome than usual but that's not always a bad thing.  Case in point I was awake and functional before 8 AM the morning following a pool party with you.  That is a first.  Maybe we are finally growing up?  Nah...this was an outlier.  I am sure we'll prove that true on the beach trip in a couple weeks.  Thanks for having us!

I had 6 bourbons after you left and I still feel normal. Is that OK? The house is in good shape, there is only 1 party cup in the pool and 2 beer cans in the yard. What the hell is happening to us????? It had to be all those kids. I've never had more under 3 year old kids in my house in my life. Thank god my parole officer didn't show up ;) . Good times brother. I feel the beach might be bad after this miid to moderate showing on our part. I believe pigs must be buried. Just because we can. I'll bring a shovel...........not for the pig.
  • lousubcap
    Glad everyone is moderately functional...I recall a beach fueled cook/adventure of around a year ago and it involved a pit and a pig ...don't know about the shovel...is this "Part II"?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking said:

I hope you are kidding. if not, you need to grow a pair :)). I thought it was hilarious and added a certain "flair" the thread. You are welcome to throw prison humor in to my threads any time. Now as for Travis and his "rule 38"..................let's just say that got a little weird
  • now we're talking. Found this during a brief survey of the damage: image
  • lousubcap said:
    Glad everyone is moderately functional...I recall a beach fueled cook/adventure of around a year ago and it involved a pit and a pig ...don't know about the shovel...is this "Part II"?  

That was a different, yet equally as dangerous crew. I was hung over for a week after that one.This one has an equal chance of going south. @lakewade has vowed to go down a day early so he can "wake up and start drinking" on the official first day of the trip.
  • I only came for the cobbler...wheres it at?  :D

• lousubcap
    edited May 2013
    @Girl_on_Grill-Top marks for staying on the "high ground".  I'm sure keeping such decorum can present a challenge but good for you to stay above the fray.  No doubt the upcoming beach adventure will present a whole new set of challenges...or opportunities :)
  • lousubcap said:
    @Girl_on_Grill-Top marks for staying on the "high ground".  I'm sure keeping such decorum can present a challenge but good for you to stay above the fray.  No doubt the upcoming beach adventure will present a whole new set of challenges...or opportunities :)

She didn't stay above anything. She's just smarter than me and doesn't post it all. :D
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

"She's just smarter than me..."

We have a nominee for most obvious statement on the internet.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    No cops, no injuries - win win
    situation!

The apology was a moment of testicular weakness : )

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    I had fun watching this unfold... It's just the latest Egg Opera, As the Egg Turns. Glad the food turned out great, no one got hurt, bourbon was consumed. Can't wait to read what you Egg savants come up with for the 4th.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life