Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New member - LBGE - new basic table

Hi there fellow eggers!

I'm a new charcoal fanatic and thought I'd post on my table construction and to say hi to all of you. Made some good prime rib on the egg and tried some beer can chicken.

Just getting into this, but already stockpiling charcoal and want to use this rig every meal!!!
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,805
    Looking good. Try a spatchcock chicken. Most never go back to beer can once they do.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    Welcome to the forum.  Nice looking table.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Welcome aboard. Looking good so far.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,342
    Welcome!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177

Table looks great.  Hope to finish mine today.

+1 on the Spatchcock chicken.  You will be amazed at how good it is and how quick it cooks.

·
  • CajunEggHeadCajunEggHead Posts: 189
    I can't be leave my Plate Setter looked like that at one time!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,747
    Welcome to the zoo...

Glad to see the pictures :)
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 587
    @thebaron - looks really nice... noticed your table nest is directly on the wood.  Others with tables can comment but I believe most put a stone on table first and then the table nest on top to really create a heat barrier between the table and bottom of the egg.

Large BGE

·
  • thebaronthebaron Posts: 23
    Thanks for the comments - the table was a more basic concept, hoping to save my 'detailed' table concept for when there is a BGE Medium next to it! :)

For the nest, I will probably put a large tile below it as you stated, keeps it cleaner when doing the ash cleanout as well.

Spatchcock chicken... sounds like an interesting dish wish an equally interesting name.

I'll check it out and report back!
    ·