Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

True Cue Lump from Home Depot

Now that ACE Hardware stopped carrying Weekend Warrior lump I decided to try something new so I picked up this True Cue Lump from Home Depot. I tried it tonight and was less than impressed...my guess on sizing 60% small, 40% medium/large, plenty of dust. See the picture below, I dumped it in straight from the bag, note it is smokey because I took the picture after lighting the lump. No bad odors, but the smoke never cleared up, even had the dome up to 500 and it just pumped out the smoke. I went ahead and grilled some burgers, they tasted ok if you like very smokey burgers. The smokey taste was probably oak, but that is just a guess on my part, not bad but strong. I will use up the bag but won't buy more in the future, to many small pieces and to much smoke for me.

Comments