Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Grill Extender Group Buy

Comments

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,517

EEEK!

I've been out of town without out laptop for a couple of days and I missed this.

Please put me down for one!

Looks great and thanks for all your work!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,023

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • BLDGMANBLDGMAN Posts: 22
    I'm in for one,money sent.
    ·
  • nolenut19nolenut19 Posts: 50
    Ill take one
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    paid
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Paid....thanks for putting this together the rig looks like it will work great.
    ·
  • Grader07Grader07 Posts: 117
    Paid.... Thanks for the group buy option Mark me down for 1 Thanks!
    ·
  • cajunrphcajunrph Posts: 44
    Cool beans, I'm in. I bubba rigged one but not as good as this one. I'll send my paypal asap. 
    LBGE, 
    Redneck Country Club
    Columbia Lakes
    West Columbia, Tx
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522
    cazzy said:
    I'm debating if I need 1 for my small too. Hmmmmmmmm :-?
    I got one for my small, large and another one for for a yet to be conceived egg.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • MarinerMariner Posts: 1
    Please add me the purchase list for one. Thanks for all your efforts on this. Payment to follow.
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,581
    @Eggcelsior and @MrCookingNurse. Thanks for doing this, I'm interested in one, can you PM me regarding shipping to Toronto Canada please? Plan B is to ship to a US friend who may visit in August.
    canuckland
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,775
    U_tarded said:

Jamieoro said:

Do you know if this will work with 1 cast iron grate and one regular grate? Thanks!

I believe the answer is yes (cast iron on the bottom). It was said somewhere but in 10+pages it's a lot to go through. If not you can get a weber replacement grid at Home Depot or lowes for like 15 dollars that will work as well
    the Weber grids are not as sturdy as the BGE grids, so there is a fair bit of sagging/tilting when using Weber grids. BGE grids are a different story and support weight on the top grid much better. A CI grid on the bottom with a stock BGE grate on top should work just fine as @U_tarded mentioned.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,442
    edited May 2013
    Holy Schmit!!  25 bucks??  Change my order to three!  Gonna throw my CGW in the garbage, unless someone wants to pay for shipping!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • TN TIGERTN TIGER Posts: 10
    Already sent payment, add me to the list! Thanks folks!
    ·
  • Don't post often but love this forum and what a great gadget and buy. Put me down for four (4) and Paypal on its way! Thanks
    ·
  • Don't post often but love this forum and what a great gadget and buy. Put me down for four (4) and Paypal on its way! Thanks
    Changed to 5.. bought one for another friend too
    ·
  • Does anyone know the size of the grid we will need for the top for a large? I know it says to use a medium grid but if we choose to go with the weber replacement at Home Depot I want to be able to get the correct one. Also, I want to go ahead and get it so it is available when these ship...
    ·
  • oldfellaoldfella Posts: 10
    I would like one please!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,141
    @goldfishdude. To get it higher in the dome you'll need the medium grid - 15 inches.
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,063
    ?Can you please switch my number from 1 to 2??  Thank you very much
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,023
    @thetrim

Have you paid for any?

Your order is just your payment. If not, pay 50$, if yes, just buy another.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • If there is still time, I would like to get 1 as well..
    ·
  • fonemanfoneman Posts: 104
    Well I had to get in on this too!!! Thanks to MCN and Eggcelsior for your hard work on this!!! Payment has been made for one!!
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,305
    Please increase me from 1 to 2.  Thanks!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • njlnjl Posts: 804
    Does anyone know the size of the grid we will need for the top for a large? I know it says to use a medium grid but if we choose to go with the weber replacement at Home Depot I want to be able to get the correct one. Also, I want to go ahead and get it so it is available when these ship...
    I'm curious too.  I've got a large, and have put in an order for the extender without really researching where to get a suitable second cooking grid.  I looked on ebay and amazon, and was surprised to not find any.  Are dealers still the only place to get a BGE medium grid?  Are there other options that'll fit?  My local dealer ceased being a BGE dealer.
    ·
  • SmoothSmokeSmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    For those with a large.  Instead of getting a medium 15", another option would be to grab a cooking grate off a Weber Smokey Joe at 14.5" and probably a whole lot cheaper. 
    ·
  • AUKevinAUKevin Posts: 10
    Count me in for 1
    the burg
    ·
  • freddyjfreddyj Posts: 126
    Hi guys, did I miss the boat on this? Wondering when the cut off date to jump on the list is? Thanks everyone.
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,141
    @freddyj, you are good to go. I am taking orders until the 6/1.
    ·
  • ArbucklejArbucklej Posts: 90
    Count me in for one
    ·