Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Air Force One

President Obama came to Oklahoma today to tour the devastation in Moore,OK caused by the tornado. I am on duty today, and was tasked with standing by on a firetruck during both the landing and take off of Air Force One. I was able to get a few decent pictures. No matter where you stand on the political spectrum, it is neat to be involved in the protection of our President.
Persistence and determination are omnipotent!

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Very cool. Flew right over my car once on I35 when Bush was coming in to spend time at his ranch. Massive plane when you see you close.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335
    You  are upholding the integrity of our democracy.  Awesome experience for you!! 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I saw it come in behind the IX centre in Cleveland years ago. The Air National Guard runway is right behind the centre

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    Thanks for what you do Medic! It is cool for you to have that opportunity to see it up close but it is cool to me to know that fellow Eggers are among those prepared to act in a time of need for the rest of our safety.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Firemedic183
    Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    Thank you for the kind words Daron. One of my favorite quotes paraphrased is: "Once you receive your badge and become a member of emergency services, you have just gotten the best ticket to the best show on earth!!" Talk about an understatement. Public support is always appreciated, but to be in this profession is truly an honor and a privilege.
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    agree it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Stood guard 100 ft away while POTUS landed in Baghdad (BUSH 43) in 2008 for his last visit.  Will never forget it.  Good for you!  
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I was having a jonnie walker blue in 05 when the embassy was mortared. bush Duce was throwing distance from the pool I was having a siesta in.

His security detail had a fit. I finished my drink then took a dip.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Firemedic183
    Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    @travis...yea those secret service folks can be intense. Lol. As for your story...awesomeness!!