Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Controller help

Furall
Furall Posts: 124
 Hey everyone, I have a quick question. I have done two long cooks using my cyber Q since getting my Hique grate. My question is since I switched my fan runs pretty much all the time and goes through lump like mad. I have tried every combo of damper on fan itself and up top but still blows away. Does anyone else have this problem? I may switch out my grate to factory when using cyberq.

Comments

• Furall
     Just pulled the platesetter out and had a handfull of lump left. Was filled to the top of fire ring with henapple 4 hours ago.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    4 hours and over 8 pounds of lump used ? assuming you used a whole bag what temp are you cooking at my large fully loaded @265 grid with my bbq guru will go a easy 24 hours with lump left and i have my own version of a high Que grate the holes are twice the size of the factory grate .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Furall said:
     Just pulled the platesetter out and had a handfull of lump left. Was filled to the top of fire ring with henapple 4 hours ago.
    you really should use lump btw not @henapple he seems to be a decent guy 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Furall
     I am doing a couple butts turbo. 350 may not be ideal for controller.