Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Memorial Day

Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,923
    Well played, VI, well played.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 347
    Amen to the people who keep it where we can enjoy our life with family and loved ones.

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    I was just going to post the same thing. Thanks VI.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    I don't know what to say. That is the most touching picture I've seen in a long time.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    Every time I walk in DC I go to the Wall. It is the most incredible thing I have ever seen. After that I visit my grandfather in Arlington. Thanks for posting VI. Thanks for your service.
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Thanks for posting VI.  Well done Sir
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    Bump.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,496
    caliking said:
    I don't know what to say. That is the most touching picture I've seen in a long time.

+1

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    Kennedys eternal flame is a profound experience as well. My grandfather's 21 gun salute still gives me chills thinking about it.
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,667
    Very nice VI, I believe we BBQ to celebrate the lives of our fallen Comrades. 

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • erniemcclainerniemcclain Posts: 370
    Amen.  God Bless them all and their families.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

·
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 245
    i was at the Wall when it opened...I'll never forget the emotion there.
    ·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    I thank the fallen, past, present,  and future everyday. Those men and women give thier lives everyday so that we as a country can live free. God bless them.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    That's gotta be tough...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I visited Arlington in 98. That's an experience I will never forget.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501

I would like to take this time to thank all of you who served to keep this great country free.

To the families who's loved ones made the ultimate sacrifice, I send my prayers.

God Bless America.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,451
    Powerful pic, VI. I hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day Weekend.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,277
    Tonight on the news there was a blurb on the soldiers selected for guard duty for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  I was familiar with most of the story; they are immaculate, go through the precision-choriographed ceremony regardless of weather, etc.  The news did not go into some other things those troops go through: the constant studying; memorizing; abstaining from alcohol for life; etc.  
    But, the thing I noticed tonight for the first time: one camera angle showed the cement pad that they march and change watch on; there were very distinctive black marks on the cement, perfectly spaced, right where they do their steps, their turns, their about-face's, etc.  Wow!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 294
    Amazing observation.  I was 16 when I saw the ceromony of the changing of the guard.  I would love to go do it again, it's amazing.  My uncle is buried in Arlington as well. 
    ·
  • Wow! Caught me totally off guard. That brings things into perspective. Thank you
    ·