Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is This What Brisket Should Look Like?

:D

Put a 10lb. (before trim) Texas-style on last night around 11:30 and was ready early this morning.  The Point was amazing; texture, moisture, smoke, etc. was all it was supposed to be!

The Flat was on the dry side but I know how to correct that for next time.

Anyone have a recipe for chili using brisket?  I figure I can use the drier parts of the Flat for the Chili and the rest as normal...happy with results for my 3rd time out!

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Yep. How does it taste?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • looks good to me. You can chop up that flat and mix with sauce and you will have the best sammies you have ever eaten.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • travisstrick, the taste is great, just did a simple s&p dust.  I like to travel the country when I do BBQ, Texas style brisket, Memphis style ribs, Carolina style pulled pork; makes me want to cook up some gator to represent FL :)

Cen-Tex, thanks for the suggestion; may have to try that for sandwiches instead of making a chili.

• chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664
    Looks great, shoot as long as its good its a success.  =D>
  • travisstrick, the taste is great, just did a simple s&p dust.  I like to travel the country when I do BBQ, Texas style brisket, Memphis style ribs, Carolina style pulled pork; makes me want to cook up some gator to represent FL :)

Cen-Tex, thanks for the suggestion; may have to try that for sandwiches instead of making a chili.

that's what i do. it's one of my favorite parts. I mix it in with all the nasty bits left over from carving, sauce it up and dig in. I eat those for days.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I made my own sauce (ketchup, tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, molasses and spices) yesterday and chopped up the drier part of the flat, mixed together and made sandwiches for me and my wife last night, they were amazing!  Thanks for the tip, excellent suggestion!!!