Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

What is the best way to take out the plate setter when it is hot?

I am pretty new to this thing (the egg and this forum). I have learned a lot from you guys. Last night I reverse seared some filet steaks. What I took from the forum was to go indirect until 115 degrees. Take the plate setter out and crank the egg up to 600 degrees and then sear for 45 seconds per side. The steaks turned out great. I forgot to take pictures to post. My problem came when I took the plate setter off. I was using oven mitts that had rubber on them. I know not smart. The rubber started melting onto the plate setter. So I used normal cloth oven mitts but those got hot very quickly. What is the best method to get the plate setter off when it is already hot? Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Comments