Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New stuff with the egg

Options
njl
njl Posts: 1,123
I've been wanting to try beef back ribs, and they were on sale...so I've got 4.8lbs of beef back ribs in the egg.  My usual way to light is a paper towel with some corn oil...but I made bacon this morning, and the plate with the paper towel where it went when it was done was still out on the stove top, and it occurred to me "there's a paper towel, already saturated with oil [bacon fat], why waste the waste corn oil?"  Not surprisingly, it worked.  And rounding out the new things...this is my first cook on Cowboy lump.  It's actually a mix of cowboy and Publix that was left over from the last cook.  It passed the "can I light it with one oil saturated paper towel?" test.

Comments

• njl
    Options
    Just a bit of recession :)  It'll be interesting to see how far 4.8lbs goes.  Where's the beef?

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Those look awesome. I love beef ribs.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • njl
    Options
    They were pretty good.  We have 2 bone's worth leftover for someone tomorrow.  I knew when I picked them up, there wasn't a whole lot of meat on them.  I think they'd be awesome if they were meatier.  These were done turbo, 1:15-1:15-0:10 at about 330F.

Not bad though for $9.50 of beef.  3 adult sized portions.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Beef ribs have been on the list for a while now. My man nights have kinda faded out so it might still be a while!

Those look great!!

XLBGE