Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions for Pork Loin Needed

Options
Buxwheat
Buxwheat Posts: 727
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Planned to smoke a butt today, but when I checked the freezer yesterday, only had pork loins instead. Any suggestions for a pork loin? The wife will not like Mr. Toad's, nor anything else w/ fruit, nuts, etc. Thought about using a butt rub, yellow mustard coat, and +/- bacon wrap, or possibly a coffee crust. What do you think? Need suggestion in time for cooking to start around 3PM Eastern. Thanx in advance.

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    buxwheat,[p]The coffee-crusted tenderloin is a winner for sure. These do not take terribly long to cook, so adjust your timing accordingly. Here's the winner recipe: http://www.biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/pork0351.htm[p]What doesn't she like about the fruit, etc inside? It's exquisite.[p]mShark
  • Buxwheat
    Options
    mollyshark,
    Thanks for the suggestion, will do shopping now. No comment on yellow mustard coating? I haven't tried that either. Personally, I like the sound of Mr. Toad's and other similar recipes, but my wife is not fond of trying such exotic sounding recipes. Maybe I'll cook it just for grins alongside another more conventional loin.

• jwitheld
    Options
    buxwheat,
    start by roasting several heads of garlic, now puncture the roast with a long slender knife. using crumbled bacon salt and roasted garlic stuff the wound. repeat this process untill it seems rediculusly excessive.
    cook slow to internal 150- 160.
    try to keep wounds on top.

• Buxwheat
    Options
    jwitheld,[p]It's sitting in the fridge w/ coffee crust, waiting til this evening to cook. Will save this one for another day since there are three more pork loins in the freezer.
    Thanx again.