Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flour score

bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
my wife and i  were at the local restaurant supply store and asked about some flour they had . i wanted to know if it was like a bread flour the owner said i don't know and called one of his guys over and told him to grab a bag and give it to us when we leave then said you tell me when you try it .score a 50 pound bag of pizza flour .anyone ever tried or know of this one 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I have seen it but never used it. Awesome thing for the owner to do. You won't have to buy flour for pizzas far a couple years now haha.
  • bigphil
    true lol and it was he's a pretty decent guy i'll most likely give some to friends to try as well and try my hand at some breads 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    edited May 2013
    Good call, that's a lot of flour!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    That's awesome! I bought a 50lb bag of the the blue Caputo 00 Flour. Bulk for the win!

How do you plan to store it? Don't want to get weevils. I'm storing mine in this:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bigphil
    @cazzy thats my problem Costco has food grade ones at 54 and some change where'd you get that and the cost is it the same as a food grade one ?
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    bigphil said:
    @cazzy thats my problem Costco has food grade ones at 54 and some change where'd you get that and the cost is it the same as a food grade one ?
    I bought that one at Costco. lol  They had it on sale for $30 so I scooped it up!

Gamma Vaults are food grade and are awesome.  I have 3 of them!
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    @cazzy, where or what part of the store in Costco is it at? Never seen it and would like to pick up a couple.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• cazzy
    They had it in one of the display stands by the frozen/cold section. It's a seasonal item so it's likely not always in stock.

Here is the SKU so you can call your local store and have them look it up:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • bigphil
    edited May 2013
    Thanks @cazzy i found them on amazon also i'll have a look on the evil auction site as well maybe i'll get lucky and find one .seems petco has them as well 

• cazzy
    My previous two were bought on amazon. I paid less for the one at costco and it's my biggest vault. Go figure!
  • bigphil
    its funny am considering spending 30.00 plus for a bag of flour that was free . Pam just rolled her eyes at me  =))
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    bigphil said:

its funny am considering spending 30.00 plus for a bag of flour that was free . Pam just rolled her eyes at me  =))

Yeah, but it's protection for your free investment. Lol

Plus, you'll have that container for couple decades. So tell her it's only going to cost y'all 4/10 of a cent a day for the next 20 years (leap year was factored in). :D
  • bigphil
    cazzy said:
    Yeah, but it's protection for your free investment. Lol Plus, you'll have that container for couple decades. So tell her it's only going to cost y'all 4/10 of a cent a day for the next 20 years (leap year was factored in). :D

=)) perfect 
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    You can also store flour in airtight containers (think Ziploc bags) in your freezer. Most baking ingredients can be kept in your freezer to keep them fresh longer and bug-free.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC