Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey you. Yes, you lurkers who are not posting. (Part 2)

Comments

• No way are dragging me into that mire...I love you all equally:)
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768

For some reason the site will not allow me to post anymore, in the past month I tried posting two different cooks a few weeks apart & neither one would take.  I got some kind of message that it would have to be approved, but it never happened... Not sure of the cause but it does make it tough to participate

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

I'm behind everyone and definitely behind VI on everything. So, I just make smart azz comment once in a while.  >:)

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I am still in rodeo hell. Will come back next week only to poke a stick at VI.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Zippylip said:

For some reason the site will not allow me to post anymore, in the past month I tried posting two different cooks a few weeks apart & neither one would take.  I got some kind of message that it would have to be approved, but it never happened... Not sure of the cause but it does make it tough to participate

That really sucks zip! You are an amazing cook so I definitely miss your posts.

What are your thoughts on The Baking Steel? Did you get one?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @Zippylip-welcome to the post approval "vortex from hell".  It is a random happening and I have been victimized on quite a few occasions.  Used to think it was tied to adding links to a post but turns out that was random as well.  And yes the approval never occurs-I would suggest to just be persistent as it hasn't bit me in a few months...(now jinxed).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Evilsports: for a new deck you should definitely be able to swing the new egg. As an accessory for the deck of course.

The approval else seems to appear if you try to add quotes from previous posts. At least that was the case for me in the past.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Zippylip said:

We like it a lot better when you don't participate.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959

My name is Little Steven and I am an alcohol....no wait wrong group.
    I have come to believe that this group makes AA look like the Christian Temperance Union.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• cazzy
    Don't sell yourself short Andy! You fit in perfectly...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    @Cen_Tex-that is funny and has too much truth...only issue is "you just can't throw away the evidence" unless you mean quick consumption.   Full props for getting to the "snuggle in" part of the evening...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    @Cen_Tex-that is funny and has too much truth...only issue is "you just can't throw away the evidence" unless you mean quick consumption.   Full props for getting to the "snuggle in" part of the evening...

I hate to throw poor penolope under the bus but she has other issues at this point. Her attorney husband is upset at her behavior and the room is spinning as she tries to piece all together. Sad really. Good night all :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2013
    forward 3 months: Wife says "I wonder why the _____ never call anymore"? "I dunno babe, probably just busy".
  • andy_cenTX
    andy_cenTX Posts: 15
    cazzy said:
    Don't sell yourself short Andy! You fit in perfectly...
    Thanks!  Appreciate the welcoming attitude on the forum.
    Round Rock, TX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I thought I was the only one that drank beer in the shower...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:

I thought I was the only one that drank beer in the shower...

There is something very right a out gettin dirty on the inside while getting clean on the outside.

• Stev said:
    I was a lurker..but no more here's a couple of pics..and the raised swing grid I made today after seeing the earlier post from eggcelsior
    nice! 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120

Yes, I lurk a lot.  Am also egg-less at the moment.  I live in Nepal and am cooking on my Weber kettle.  In a couple weeks I'm heading back to TN where I'm gonna egg my head off.

Signal Mountain, TN
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    TN_Egger said:

Yes, I lurk a lot.  Am also egg-less at the moment.  I live in Nepal and am cooking on my Weber kettle.  In a couple weeks I'm heading back to TN where I'm gonna egg my head off.

Party on Wayne... a few weeks away from a brisket and a bottle of Dickel. Travel safe.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

I only lurk on the weekends...unless I've had too much to drink and the little voice in my head doesn't speak up telling me not to make smart ass comments.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    I didn't lurk very long. I used to follow this forum when we got our large BGE in 1998. We learned a lot and life kind of took over. Work, play, work, etc. However hubby and I are officially retired and although we have cooked on our Egg constantly, we decided to expand our menus. We found out about the adjustable rig and have been using it since we got it. We have done "The Chicken" recipe and last night we did stuffed burgers. Absolutely fantastic. I also have had problems posting pictures. Mine never got approved either. Guess I'll just keep trying. I also have learned a lot from you guys and really appreciate your sharing your knowledge with everyone.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • cazzy
    Fortoday said:

No comment

Lol okay. Thanks for sharing :)