Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Big Green Eggs for sale

Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Figured that Subject title would get your attention.[p]After weeks and weeks of thought, I've decided that casa de Backer would be better served with two larges rather than one large, one small, and one mini. So, I have decided to put my small and my mini up for sale, and buy a large at Eggtoberfest.[p]The small was purchased new in December of 2004 and has been cooked on apprroximately 15 times. It comes with a nest, 2 grids, cast iron and rain cap as well as a cover. [p]The mini was purchased new via ebay (a licensed egg reseller in texas) and comes with a cast iron grate and the rain cap (as I don't think a daisy wheel top is or was available for the mini). [p]These do not have to be sold separately. I will sell them together if you want though. [p]If you're interested, email my profile address at markbackeratcharterdotnet.

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Mark Backer, God bless you my son. You have the afliction. It's not covered by insurance so it can get expensive. Just got a medium to go with my large a couple of months ago. I haven't been hiding chips or lump from my wife yet, so I haven't gone to any meetings. Chin up my boy, there is hope.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Mark Backer,
    you sure you've really thought that one through? I swear of the four sizes I have I love my small the best. Just last night I Trexed some beautiful strips on my small at a 725 nuke level - let them rest 20 minutes and then finished them along with lobster tails at 400 on my large. That's a one two knock out combination that works every time for me. Nope...you'll have to pry my cold dead fingers off my small!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    RRP, Way to go Ron!! Now he's got to start all over again.

• Is the MINI with 2 or 1 Arm cissor hinges ?
    and what is the asking price - my daughter might be interested

thanks
    :woohoo:
  • Mark Backer,[p]In case someone reads this and wonders, the eggs are located in Suwanee, GA.
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Mark Backer,[p]Word to the wise...keep ONE of the little ones. There is gonna be a day when you cook 1 chicken breast or 1 steak or something and heating up that big guy and using all the coal it uses will seem like a pain in the rear. Or the kids will want a bratwurst for lunch and...same thing. Really. They aren't that expensive, you already have em, and hey, you can handle it anyway! You'll regret it if you don't. I promise.[p]mShark
  • Mark Backer, I agree with Molly. I have a large and a mini so when I am just cooking a couple of burgers or chops I use the mini and for bigger cooks I go with the large. By the way the WGC helped cook up 4 butts this weekend.
    Thanks for the help,
    Charlie

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    P1010006.jpg
    <p />Mark Backer,[p]I doubt you'll have any trouble selling those two Eggs!
    (Especially since they were actually used by the "Backer"..himself!!) Maybe you could offer to autograph after the sale?[p]Since you didn't ask for my opinion...I'll give it to you anyway...LOL!![p]If you need more capacity...get another "Large", by all means![p]But I'd keep one of the two smaller eggs like Ron and Molly said!![p]To me the small is the more versatile of the two...but you're gonna miss the options the smaller sizes give you...(especially if you have to fire a "Large" up)...every time you cook![p]JMO[p]Have a safe and happy holiday, Mark!![p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Mark Backer, How much do youwant for the small egg?

• Bill Rousey,[p]Sorry Bill. I already sold them both. They will both be gone by Saturday. [p]thanks anyway though...[p]Todd