Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

HEB Fajitas in Alaska

I usually just cook em direct and they're always great. I'm interested in trying a low and slow today and finish with a sear in a 600°+ CI skillet. Anyone have any experience smoking these. I'm thinking around 250° for 2-4 hours but I'd rather have a better idea of the time from someone that's done this. Also, smoke time on Elgin sausage @ same temp too? Thanks in advance
XLBGE- Anchorage, AK

Comments

• tough as nails. Don't smoke skirt steak. grill it fast. trust me on this one.....

• hoofalooshoofaloos Posts: 91
    Will do. How about the snausages? Also, I've never really grilled on the egg...only low & pizzas. Is it better to egg the fajitas over my char broil gasser or even any difference? If so, what temps?
    XLBGE- Anchorage, AK
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,476
    +1 on hot and fast!

I'd gook the sausage the same way as the skirt.
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 11,684
    edited May 2013
    hoofaloos said:
    Will do. How about the snausages? Also, I've never really grilled on the egg...only low & pizzas. Is it better to egg the fajitas over my char broil gasser or even any difference? If so, what temps?

do the sausages at like 300 raised direct if you can. If not, normal gris d is fine, just have to watch them so they don't burn on one side. When they are done, pull them and wrap in foil to keep warm. Let the temp come up to 500 and grill the skirt steak. Then enjoy a delicious TX meal in Alaska

Thanks for the advice, folks
    XLBGE- Anchorage, AK
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,476

hoofaloos said:

Will do. How about the snausages?
    Also, I've never really grilled on the egg...only low & pizzas. Is it better to egg the fajitas over my char broil gasser or even any difference? If so, what temps?

do the sausages at like 300 raised direct if you can. If not, normal gris is fine, just have to watch them so they don't burn on one side. When they are done, pull them and wrap in foil to keep warm. Let the temp come up to 500 and grill the skirt steak. Then enjoy a delicious TX meal in Alaska

Okay, or do that. Lmao
    Just a hack that makes some shitty BBQ...
  • cazzy said:
    hoofaloos said:

do the sausages at like 300 raised direct if you can. If not, normal gris is fine, just have to watch them so they don't burn on one side. When they are done, pull them and wrap in foil to keep warm. Let the temp come up to 500 and grill the skirt steak. Then enjoy a delicious TX meal in Alaska
    Okay, or do that. Lmao
    You can do them either way but if you go too hot, it will burst the casings allowing all the goodness to seep out. If you go a little slower and higher, you can warm them (they are fully cooked) without bursting the casings

Just checked on what i pulled out of the freezer last night after a few too many and it was the HEB pork fajitas and not skirt.  Does this change anyone's opinion of going low and slow?
    XLBGE- Anchorage, AK