Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It won't fit?

2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Home hardware but its special order they don't carry in store is it much better than RO?
    About the same - RO has a stronger smoke flavour. Basque maple is sweeter, milder. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Got an orange thermapen and wings , ribs or a spatchcock.
    What? I was expecting moose, or seal flippers or cod cheeks, geez.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    On the extender does the oval grid slide? I was confused looking at the order page.
    It offers the rig extender and sliding d grid, then optional oval grid, and slide crossbars.

Do you need the crossbars again if you replace the d grid with oval... Which will then slide?

It confuses me.
    Seattle, WA
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Skinnyv the oval just sits on the ext it does not slide like the d grid does.it only slides when on slide guides down on the rig itself.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see the first seal flipper pie you get off the egg.

Gerhard

Seriously I bought 8 bags of charcoal in October and I opened the last bag in March, Canadian and Costco were restocking their charcoal around that time.  Just figure out what you use a month and buy 5 or 6 months worth in the fall.