Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looftlighter question

sylsyl Posts: 15
I was planning to get a MAPP torch to speed up my lighting process, but surprise, my wife got me a Looftlighter for my birthday. I'm interested to see how it works, but without opening the box (to keep it pristine for a possible return), I wanted to ask you all how long the cord is. I've got about ten feet from my deck outlets to where the Egg sits, and I would rather not have to get out an extension cord whenever I use it.
Anybody know how long the cord is?

·

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    I think 5 to 6 feet. I use Ext cord. I love my looftlighter.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,087
    I also use an extension cord and love it.  
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    edited May 2013
    9 feet ten inches
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • pirates21pirates21 Posts: 63
    Love my looftlighter! In a pich it can open your beer too!
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    I just gotta put my two cents in. I have an XL and have found the looftlighter to be very frustrating. It just wouldn't get the egg up to temp like I wanted for weeknight grilling. Just purchased a propane torch with s hose and it lights like a champ. Gets to temp way faster IMHO.
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 588
    I like the looftlighter but I only use it when I don't mind standing there for a couple minutes.  For "faster" starts when I can go about other things I use starter cubes or oil soaked towels so I can multitask.  I understand why the looftlighter can't be locked on because it is fast - but I can't do anything else.

Large BGE

·
  • SpringramSpringram Posts: 420
    Like @RLeeper says, the cord is about 10 feet long. I love the Loofslighter on charcoal like Ozark Oak, John Henry's, and I bet, Roral Oak (have not used this). It lights very fast. Wicked Good, my favorite for low and slow cooks takes longer to light with the Looflighter. Overall, great product after you get used to using it.
    LBGE and Mini
    ·
  • WylecyotWylecyot Posts: 102
    I've had mine for about a week now. It is awesome! I'm now able to cook on the egg mid-week. I'm up and running in matter of minutes.
    ·
  • sylsyl Posts: 15
    Thank you all. I'm gonna try it.

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,434
    Springram said:
    Like @RLeeper says, the cord is about 10 feet long. I love the Loofslighter on charcoal like Ozark Oak, John Henry's, and I bet, Roral Oak (have not used this). It lights very fast. Wicked Good, my favorite for low and slow cooks takes longer to light with the Looflighter. Overall, great product after you get used to using it.
    +1

Ricky

Spring, TX

·