Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looftlighter question

Options
syl
syl Posts: 16
I was planning to get a MAPP torch to speed up my lighting process, but surprise, my wife got me a Looftlighter for my birthday. I'm interested to see how it works, but without opening the box (to keep it pristine for a possible return), I wanted to ask you all how long the cord is. I've got about ten feet from my deck outlets to where the Egg sits, and I would rather not have to get out an extension cord whenever I use it.
Anybody know how long the cord is?

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I think 5 to 6 feet. I use Ext cord. I love my looftlighter.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I also use an extension cord and love it.  
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    edited May 2013
    Options
    9 feet ten inches
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • pirates21
    pirates21 Posts: 74
    Options
    Love my looftlighter! In a pich it can open your beer too!
    Ninety feet between bases is perhaps as close as man has ever come to perfection." -- Red Smith
  • rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    Options
    I just gotta put my two cents in. I have an XL and have found the looftlighter to be very frustrating. It just wouldn't get the egg up to temp like I wanted for weeknight grilling. Just purchased a propane torch with s hose and it lights like a champ. Gets to temp way faster IMHO.
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    Options
    I like the looftlighter but I only use it when I don't mind standing there for a couple minutes.  For "faster" starts when I can go about other things I use starter cubes or oil soaked towels so I can multitask.  I understand why the looftlighter can't be locked on because it is fast - but I can't do anything else.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    Like @RLeeper says, the cord is about 10 feet long. I love the Loofslighter on charcoal like Ozark Oak, John Henry's, and I bet, Roral Oak (have not used this). It lights very fast. Wicked Good, my favorite for low and slow cooks takes longer to light with the Looflighter. Overall, great product after you get used to using it.
    LBGE and Mini
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Options
    I've had mine for about a week now. It is awesome! I'm now able to cook on the egg mid-week. I'm up and running in matter of minutes.
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • syl
    syl Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm gonna try it.

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Springram said:
    Like @RLeeper says, the cord is about 10 feet long. I love the Loofslighter on charcoal like Ozark Oak, John Henry's, and I bet, Roral Oak (have not used this). It lights very fast. Wicked Good, my favorite for low and slow cooks takes longer to light with the Looflighter. Overall, great product after you get used to using it.
    +1

Ricky

Boerne, TX