Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Numbers

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
How many forum members are there and what percentage post or lurk? 
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    I post one a week or so and comment a few times a week. So, 7.5% is my answer.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Options
    I'm mostly a lurker, and i tend to read posts every day.  Just picked up some lobster tails to go with some small tenderloins for tomorrow, so I'm here for the recipes and techniques tonight.
  • chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664
    Options
    So are you asking if you are a poster or a lurker? Or are you saying how many members are there and what percentage do you think there is? I would say I am both, and I would say not even half I bet 40 percent dont post. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    I cannot answer you as I only lurk.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Oh, darnit!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Many and yes-good luck with even a SWAG.  But as long as those that interact with the forum in whatever capacity get/give value then all is good.   Just an opinion...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    No... I'm asking how many forum members whether they even look..post or peek in the Window. Just a total of active folks.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664
    Options
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Are we counting off... If so then ....2

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I read 3 or 4 times a day & post a smart azz comment once in a while.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Deviledegger
    Deviledegger Posts: 271
    Options
    I check in daily to see the delicious meals and valuable tips people post. I occasionally post but nearly as much as many of you. Keep the posts coming and I will say that even if I know how to cook something I will check in to see what the latest version is. I guess you could call it "food for thought".
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    I'm not a lurker , I'm a stalker! B-)
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I think different folks get different things out of being a member here. Some come for recipes or tips, some come to share their cooks, some come to hang out and shoot the sh!t, some come to deal black market charcoal... oh wait... never mind.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I prolly spend more time on here than I spend off here. And I'll freely give someone my opinion. Not always best thing.

I'd love to know how many members we have. We have a lot more in the background than I thought we did.

There's a good mix of people that comment a time or two a month. I usually have seen them before. But there sure are a ton of people who just look. Which is great too! But would love to see y'all post, cook, and your set up. We can all learn from each other. No matter how new or old.

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I'm definitely a lurker! X_X
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    let's just say I have issues.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I read all the time, post when I think I can be helpful or when I just cooked something I thought was cool. Goin for a cool one on Sunday...... Stay tuned!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Aggie96_Egger
    Options
    I just had my application approved this week. So I have been lurking for a while. New to the egg and have had 3 successful cooks so far. I am really enjoying the forum and learning a lot. Tonight I reverse seared some steaks. Turned out great. Learned it from you guys. Thanks!
  • Thatman
    Thatman Posts: 8
    Options
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Welcome Aggie. Reverse  sear is my new favorite way to cook steaks.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options

"Hello.  My name is Emily Litella.  You want to know if I'm a Turk?  Why do you want to know that?  I don't thing folks' nationality matters.  Ya know, nowadays people want to know everything and then they use the computer and tell everyone else everything they know.  And I mean everything!  Have you seen what people say on the internet?  Yesterday this strange man was telling everyone he's been neutered!  Can you imagine that?"

(Miss Litella?  Emily?  Can you hear me?  This is Lorne.  Remember me?  I run Weekend Update.  The man wants to know if you LURK.  If you read the Egghead Forum site without posting.)

"Lurk?  Well, I do read that site and I don't post anything because I don't have opinions...

NEVERMIND!"

Flint, Michigan
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    I'm new...I read nearly everyday, do not post much yet
  • frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Options
    I'm on here everyday...several times a day actually. I'm trying to become more active on the boards!
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    One more Steelers fan never hurt nothing.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    I check in to see what's going on several times a day.  I post when I think I can help or if I have questions.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• trip150
    trip150 Posts: 55
    Options
    I think there is a good contingent of winter lurkers that will turn into summertime posters. When the temp goes up, I do find myself staring at ribs at the store quite a bit more!
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options

I spent more time on this forum than anything else I do. It's addicting and it's showing in my personal life by the goood food that keep showing up plus people call me "on smoke."

:D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts