Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggware.net Customer Service

r270ba
r270ba Posts: 763
I just purchased my Vented Chimney Cap on Tuesday of this week. Eggware.net had a 15% off if I Liked them on Facebook. I Liked them, checked out and paid, then realized that I had put in a 10% discount code that overrode the 15% (can't blame me for trying to stack). I contacted Eggware.net and they told me they couldn't change the discount % as the package was already boxed up and ready to ship. Not a big deal I said because it was less than $2.

Well I just received my package today (only 2 days shipping) and along with a note from Matt was $2 to make up for the extra 5% discount.

Pretty solid! Just wanted to hopefully make that $2 generate more buzz and more PR for him.

Thanks guys!
Anderson, SC
XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    That's awesome!! Have you tried out the cap yet? I just ordered one with my new egg. The daisy wheel on the large I have cooked on drives me nuts.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Pretty sweet.  Are they still offering the 15% off?  I did a quick search and found a comment "if you liked us last week..." so maybe I missed it. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Just got it today so will definitely be trying it out this weekend.  DW takes a little getting used to.  I am sure the vented cap will too.  Can't wait to play around with it!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    I just ordered one of the vented caps as well on tuesday!!!  i didnt see the 15%off for facebook  o well itll be worth it when it gets here as the daisy drives me crazy
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Y'all will love the eggware cap. It works great. And great to hear that the company has heart!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    This morning  started two eight pound butts and as my egg was controlled from my DigiQ it "farted" and it was quite a "fart"!!!  I was wondering, does this new vent have enough weight to prevent it from being blown off during a "fart"??  Or does the gasket hold it in place??  If not, you could be cooking at some high temperatures if you turn your back on it???  Was just thinking?? 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I love mine. I like that I never have to remove anything and when I am wide ope I just take the top piece off.