Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Egghead that went BIG

Hello to everyone at the Forum. I have been lurking for about 2 months now and decided to join as I finally purchased my XL Egg!! From my readings on the forum I also picked up quite a few toys to go with it... Like all that I could possibly think of!  I have everything ordered, but nothing has started to show up yet!

XL Big Green Egg
Sealed Green Egg Table
Thermapen
Platesetter
Adjustable Rig / Woo2 Customer combo with all the options selected
Open Bar ring (coal reducer)
Ang-L Brackets (coal reducer)
half moon and 17.5" stones (I got this and the platesetter so I could do pizzas, using both or indirect with either)
Eggware Stainless Steel chimney cap
High-Que high heat Gasket (I don't plan to even install the stock gasket)
Grill Grates
19" Wok
18" Drip Pan
16x20 Oval Stainless Grid
Tel-Tru replacement Dome Thermometer (both, the higher temp and the lower temp one)
2 half moon CI grid
Looftlighter
Ash Tool
Welding and meat gloves
Third Hand
Three Finger
Wiggle Rod
A near full set of Griswold Cast Iron skillets (already owned these)

Now I'm debating between a Stoker and the CyberQ wifi.  

Next summer we are doing a major addition to my home and will be adding an 840ft screened in porch with outdoor kitchen built in. At that time I may add a small green egg to this one and I'll definitely be adding a couple of stove eyes, a crawfish boiler and a sink/fridge with LOTS of counter space! Thank you all for the help you have given me without even knowing it!! I'm looking forward to learning how to perfect my low and slows now that I graduated to a big boy setup from my junk grills of the past.

Biloxi, MS
XL / Small

Comments