Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Grill Extender Group Buy

Options

Comments

• EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    Count me in for one.
    Large BGE

• frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Options
    Put me down for one! Paypal works for me.
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:
    Just looking at the pics I don't see how the height would be adjustable...but I could be wrong.  
    If you look at the picture on page one of this post it shows the two parts side by side.  The one on the left is the bottom/female part.  The one on the right is the top/male part.  If you look at the male part there is an adjustable bushing that slides up and down the shaft to allow height adjustment by controlling the seating depth into the female part.  

Mike
    Told you I could be wrong!  I usually have no clue when it comes to female parts.   %-(

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    I'm in for one Paypal works for me
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • wibadger
    wibadger Posts: 11
    Options
    First time caller, long time listener. I'll take one.

I'm curious if people are planning to buy a new bottom rack to have a removable kit, or are just going to cook with the bottom half of the extender in place for single level cooks.

Thanks for arranging, guys. I've been thinking about how I wanted to add a second level.
  • mwraulst
    mwraulst Posts: 131
    Options
    Anyone else find it a little suspect that there are so many folks with one or two posts wanting one?
    I am probably one of the guys you are referring to..... I moved last summer and didn't use my egg at all, but now have been using it a lot this year, and lately have been researching multiple grids, saw this post and jumped on it!

I sent this to 2 guys that have eggs and have never joined the forum. Both joined and requested one. I think the product speaks for itself for 30-35 bucks. The competition is priced over 150 from cgw.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    mwraulst said:
    Anyone else find it a little suspect that there are so many folks with one or two posts wanting one?
    I am probably one of the guys you are referring to..... I moved last summer and didn't use my egg at all, but now have been using it a lot this year, and lately have been researching multiple grids, saw this post and jumped on it!

I sent this to 2 guys that have eggs and have never joined the forum. Both joined and requested one. I think the product speaks for itself for 30-35 bucks. The competition is priced over 150 from cgw.
    Precisely why @MrCookingNurse and I got in on this. Travis is just referring to some shenanigans that have been going on and not wanting them to spread to this. Everyone that wants one will get one.
  • yellowdogbbq
    yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
    Options
    I would like one also, thanks @Eggcelsior and @MrCookingNurse for setting this up.  Do you have to have a PayPal account?  Not sure how that works?
  • Mooneyfwd
    Mooneyfwd Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Count me in for one...

And yes, I'm legit even though this is my first post. I'm on here every day!
    Large BGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @yellowdogbbq. I Pm'ed you with details.
  • golfandgrill
    golfandgrill Posts: 198
    Options
    I also don't use paypal....do I need to sign up?
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Please put me down for three! (gotta have an extra one for my Eggfest cook box)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    I'll take 1, thanks guys
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    wibadger said:
    First time caller, long time listener. I'll take one.

I'm curious if people are planning to buy a new bottom rack to have a removable kit, or are just going to cook with the bottom half of the extender in place for single level cooks.

Thanks for arranging, guys. I've been thinking about how I wanted to add a second level.
    I cook with my CI grid 99% of the time. So I set up my SS large and bought a medium SS grid with the extender and store them attached when not in use
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • fruitguy
    fruitguy Posts: 303
    Options
    If not to late, I would like one also
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Does the manufacturer sell grids as well and if so does anyone know if theirs are sturdier than the BGE ss grids ? And if they are how much and how we could get them ?
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I also don't use paypal....do I need to sign up?
    PM sent
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @bigphil,
    I will ask. They apparently work with many grids so your options are extensive.
  • Streetglider
    Streetglider Posts: 104
    Options
    Add me to the list, please.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I'll be damned if I'm gonna be the only one that don't get one!! Put me down for one too. Sorry CGW as I was waiting for the swing rack for a small to come out.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Put me down for 1.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • GoldfishDude
    Options
    I also get on here everyday but have never posted! I have a couple of friends with eggs that saw this and immediately said " get me one...." So, please change my order to 3! By the way, I have learned a ton from this site... Thanks!
  • DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Options
    I'll take one also.  Thanks
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    At the rate we are going we may eat up their extra stock of a few hundred! Nice job guys!!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Goldfish... Just interested, why do you not post?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Eggcelsior thanks 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Well... Good to meet you. Where are you located?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Announcement! Little Steven has invented the greatest BGE widget there is. I would be willing to offer deep discounts on a group buy. More to come

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• zosobao5150
    zosobao5150 Posts: 133
    Options
    So this device can be used on any size egg correct? I have x-large and just want to be sure.
    XL BGE