Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sickie Ickie Cook - warning no BGE content

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,117
The Spouse has contagious bacterial pneumonia, and is under house arrest (quarantine).  The medicine she is taking requires very little physical activity, so it is just sitting around all day.

She didn't want our usual Egg fare; she wanted something rich with sauce.  She got spaghetti, which we very seldom cook these days. 

Sauce was home-canned tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, garlic, onions and sweet peppers.  Publix mild Italian sausage.  All cooked in one pot, starting with the sausage and a little olive oil.

Salad was romaine, spinach and leaf lettuce, with red cabbage from the garden, some carrot chips, onions and sweet peppers.

Finished with really good garlic bread and white wine.

All of it cooked on that thingie in the kitchen, you know where I store my cast iron pot.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 9,976
    I bet she appreciated a wonderful meal, despite the fact that it was non-Egg fare! :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Hope your wife is feeling better soon... Nice looking meal inspite of the tool used ;)
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,492
    That's a lot better then the takeout that I typically get when my wife is under the weather, well played Doc.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,262
    At first I wasn't sure what you meant, we store cookie sheets in that kitchen thingy. Cast Iron pots are in the pantry. 
    Anyway, great cook Doc, give her a hug and wish her the best from us. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,765
    Homemade spaghetti sauce is good from time to time;  take care of her!

Greensboro, NC
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,487
    Sorry broke my hand this weekend and haven't gotten used to typing with one hand... Bring me...
    Greensboro, NC
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 2,016
     Your meal looks great, and it was put together with TLC. Put some chicken noodle soup on the thingy in the kitchen, and feed that to your sweetheart too. Hope she is feeling better soon.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,290
    You're a good man Doc! I'm sure your bride will be back to her usual self very soon!
  • BotchBotch Posts: 5,795
    Love Egg'd food, but I will never give up my spaghetti + sauce.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.