Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy pig!

CANMAN1976
CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Well just tasted Dizzy pig for the first time and absolutely love the redeye express.... for some strange reason It
tastes a little curryish to me but it was delicious .The Swamp venom is very good as well , so happy I tried them out!!! Ontario gas and BBQ were excellent to deal with also:)
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    They make some great stuff. I shied away a year or so ago due to the salt content. No different than many BBQ rubs and in fact DP is better than most I think. They have started making some salt free but haven't tried those yet. 
    Pineapple Head is a great for making a pineapple glaze - goes over anything pork.
    Good luck with those! 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Are you guys able to get them easily up in the Great White North?
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Red Eye is my favorite DP rub by a long mile.  Happy you finally got to try some.  I also really like Raging River.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    @cazzyi live pretty far north(top of lake superior)cant find them anywhere near me! :((  ill have to keep looking!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    daffy1909 said:
    @cazzyi live pretty far north(top of lake superior)cant find them anywhere near me! :((  ill have to keep looking!
    You can always order them online.  That's how I have gotten all of my DP Rubs.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Skiddymarker
    Off the interwebs, no problem. Direct in a store where you can hold, it shake it and drool all the way home, not so much. BGE dealer in Vancouver area has DP. I usually buy in the USA when on a cross border shopping trip. Like CANMAN1976 said, Ontario Gas and BBQ.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Redeye is my fav too.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    I guess I'm a little spoiled since I live 40 minutes done the road from their manufacturing facility and store here in VA. You guys should plan on making the next DizzyFest. It's pretty cool to meet everyone in person an have a good time trying a bunch of recipes from the eggers that come from all over to cook for everyone.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Is Mickeys coffee rub similar the DP redeye express?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • sticks88
    sticks88 Posts: 94
    I have to buy it from my bge dealer and they order in only what I ask for through bge and they don't seem to have pineapple dust .Might have to order online.

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• double
    double Posts: 1,214

Off the interwebs, no problem. Direct in a store where you can hold, it shake it and drool all the way home, not so much. BGE dealer in Vancouver area has DP. I usually buy in the USA when on a cross border shopping trip. Like CANMAN1976 said, Ontario Gas and BBQ.

Skiddy where do you buy them when you cross the border?
    Lynnwood WA
  • Skiddymarker
    ACE in Oak Harbour - innovations (Chris the Sheriff) also has some in Bellingham. Us Canucks live on Whidbey Island you know, Deception Pass State Park is actually a colony of BC. 
    None are very close to you as you are towards North Seattle as I recall. 
    Your best bet is to order direct. The price on line is less than the retailers I've experienced. 
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Used some Pineapple Head on salmon the other night and it was fantastic.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    We do a lot more chicken and fish Raging River is our favorite