Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 EggHead Forum Rub & Sauce Exchange

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I think it's cool if few of you can work together to come up with something.  Collaboration is a plus!

Keep in mind that they will likely pick and choose from whatever we give them, so please don't get offended if it isn't verbatim. 

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I'm in.  Sounds very cool

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    cazzy said:

I think it's cool if few of you can work together to come up with something.  Collaboration is a plus!

Keep in mind that they will likely pick and choose from whatever we give them, so please don't get offended if it isn't verbatim. 

I suppose we can email ideas around. Is there a deadline? @henapple can handle the fest stuff. I have yet to attend one.
  • Eggcelsior

I think it'd be neat to have random. More of a giant group hug than a you scratch my back ill scratch yours.

Let me know if I can be of any help. Writing is not my strong hand.

Agreed. A big random draw would be great.
  • cazzy

I suppose we can email ideas around. Is there a deadline? @henapple can handle the fest stuff. I have yet to attend one.
    If possible, I would try to have it completed before the end of the week.  Let me know if I can do anything.  
  • cazzy
    I think it'd be neat to have random. More of a giant group hug than a you scratch my back ill scratch yours. Let me know if I can be of any help. Writing is not my strong hand.
    I agree too!  Glad we're going to be able to avoid in-state trading.  It will make this so much better, especially for Canadians.  
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    cazzy said:
    I think it'd be neat to have random. More of a giant group hug than a you scratch my back ill scratch yours. Let me know if I can be of any help. Writing is not my strong hand.
    I agree too!  Glad we're going to be able to avoid in-state trading.  It will make this so much better, especially for Canadians.  
    Won't be an issue, there are only three of us (Canucks), one on the west coast, one on the east coast and one in the middle. A big random draw is good. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Only 3 Skiddy? I thought you guys were really friendly. Pick up the pace!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    cazzy said:
    UPDATE
    ---------------------------

I spoke with Elfster this evening and she's going to start working on an article for the blog!  :)  In addition, she told me what I need to do to prevent in-state exchanging.  It's tedious since I will have to set draw restrictions for each member individually, but I think it will be worth it.  She mentioned one option is to set the exchange to be random (after Draw Restrictions) or to have two participants share with one another.  Thoughts?  

I am asking for one or a couple volunteers to put together a synopsis about what our community is all about.  I think it would be a good thing to include information about EggFests too.  Any takers? 

Reminder...please remember to enter your forum handle into the "Nickname" field.  Also, your address is obviously necessary so please enter that if you haven't done so.
    I would love to help but I'm sort of an idea guy.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168

I would love to help but I'm sort of an idea guy.

Kinda like Michael Keaton in "Night Shift"? He was an idea man and a love broker.
    Flint, Michigan
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    I'd love to participate but I make my own because we don't have much of a selection in my area. At least that I'm aware of.
    Dunedin, FL
  • I would love to help but I'm sort of an idea guy.
    Kinda like Michael Keaton in "Night Shift"? He was an idea man and a love broker. image

Great movie. Way underrated
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I, for one, am very offended by that gesture.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Fred19Flintstone
    I apologize for Mr. Keaton, the obscene gesture he's making, uploading the image and for thinking it is funny.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    I apologize for Mr. Keaton, the obscene gesture he's making, uploading the image and for thinking it is funny.
    Does that mean I have to change my avatar?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Skiddymarker
    I think the issue might be cost, not that we're cheap, but postage in Canuckistan is outrageous. 
    Each Xmas we exchange some gifts with some folks in Wisconsin, the just under #10, <1 cubic foot package was quoted at over $35 if shipped from Canada. I drove it to Blaine Washington, and it was under $18 using USPS. It arrived faster as it did not have to clear US Customs. 
    Still, thought more folks might get in on this exchange, might be they don't have access to what they consider to be a local or unusual item to include in their "care" package. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Poor Jenn Edit: I mean the dudes wife
    I bet you that Chris is short for "Christine" and Jenn for "Jennifer"
    Same person, one for the nice half, and the other the nasty half.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Little Steven
    One of tweev's personas was jenn juicer.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• One of tweev's personas was jenn juicer.
    Things that make you go "hmmmm"

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

u

I think the issue might be cost, not that we're cheap, but postage in Canuckistan is outrageous. 
    Each Xmas we exchange some gifts with some folks in Wisconsin, the just under #10, <1 cubic foot package was quoted at over $35 if shipped from Canada. I drove it to Blaine Washington, and it was under $18 using USPS. It arrived faster as it did not have to clear US Customs. 
    Still, thought more folks might get in on this exchange, might be they don't have access to what they consider to be a local or unusual item to include in their "care" package. 

That's what you get for living in Canada...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    edited May 2013
    I don't know about that Skiddy. It might be your location. I've shipped thousands of bottles of la Bomba to the states and it hasn't been that here. Of course I'm closer to Mexico city than to I am to you

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    edited May 2013
    I don't know about that Skiddy. It might be your location. I've shipped thousands of bottles of la Bomba to the states and it hasn't been that here. Of course I'm closer to Mexico city than to I am to you
    Ha, yes you are. I don't think the location matters to CP, their rates are based on dimensions and weight. Maybe your la Bomba is just the right size! 
    Just checked on line, for a #10 - 1 cubic foot package, Vancouver or Caledon to Racine WI,  $32.73 + tax(GST). 
    From Blaine WA to Racine, $21. (US parcel rates went up in January - I think) 

@henapple - you are so right, we even have Senators here who don't know where they live! 
    and - go to Elfster and enter your address!
  • henapple
    Yes sir
  • Little Steven
    And a mayor here that smokes crack?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Sounds like Washington DC
  • Fred19Flintstone
    I can't wait for the Toronto Eggfest. "Come for the Eggfest, stay for the crack!"
    Flint, Michigan
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    No offense hear.  I played hockey for years.  I know that's the Canadian peace sign. :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Does Molson XX make a BBQ sauce?  I'd buy that for a dollar!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Village Idiot
    edited May 2013
    BOWHUNR said:
    No offense here.  I played hockey for years.  I know that's the Canadian peace sign. :D

Mike
    I was kidding, Bow.  Look at my avatar.  :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    BOWHUNR said:
    No offense here.  I played hockey for years.  I know that's the Canadian peace sign. :D

Mike
    I was kidding, Bow.  Look at my avatar.  :)
    Yeah, I know you were.  I was too.  It's really Italian for have a nice day. ;)

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE