Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Forum Improvements?

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum

Very little interaction with the webmaster here. I would like to start a thread that they may see to suggest some modifications/improvements but it can't get silly.

Here are a couple to start it:

Have the Latest Posts at the end of a thread along with the page numbers

Improvement of the photo posting to allow one full size pic that shows up quickly. Some take forever to load and when you have the thumbnails showing and click on them it takes you to the vanilla site and you have to close that out and return to the forum

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• proper ipad formatting please. You cannot have paragraphs using an ipad. they all smash together in one run on sentence.

Also, better photo formatting. If I post something from my iphone or ipad, it can look fine on those devices but randomly be sideways if I look on my PC. 
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    Being a newbie and quite grateful for all of the great info provided here, I will second the sticky thread option.  
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I would like to have a feature that works like a "fax machine" by where we could actually taste the pictured food... :D
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    I knew you would be the first one Charlie. How about a poll option?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,501
    Poll option is  good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• SamMiller0SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    Ditch Vanilla and use modern forum software such as Discourse.
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,700
    Better searching (why not use Google's search tool?); auto photo resizing; formatting to work on mobile devices (iPad/iPhone/etc); when quoting, don't include all of the photos from the original post; 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,220
    CPARKTX said:
    don't include all of the photos from the original post; 
    +1
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,592
    STICKY THREADS!!!!!!!!!
    this should be a must

XLBGE 
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 576
    STICKY THREADS!!!!!!!!!
    Or at least a subforum/topic set where these get stored with approval.  Could even call it Egg Carton of Fame or something.
    I would like to have a feature that works like a "fax machine" by where we could actually taste the pictured food... :D

NASA is helping to develop this:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/05/22/nasa-to-fund-worlds-first-3d-food-printer/

Google search ftw
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    edited May 2013

The "advanced search" feature on the other forum is helpful at times.

PS: Have NASA send me some of HAP's pulled beef, don't forget the horseradish sauce!

• BeaumontyBeaumonty Posts: 185
    Perhaps a "most often viewed" set of links with the ability of the author to re-name the post for easy reference.  i.e. "the way i do it" could become "the Travis Method" since that's how it's most commonly referred to.  Since some posts are referred to often (and likely viewed often), it would be a starting point for those exploring.
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,606
    proper ipad formatting please. You cannot have paragraphs using an ipad. they all smash together in one run on sentence.

Also, better photo formatting. If I post something from my iphone or ipad, it can look fine on those devices but randomly be sideways if I look on my PC. 
    I get a normal view on my iPad but I do get the sideways pics once in a while...
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,606
    X 2 on explore options rather than Vanilla...doesn't seem quite up to handling the traffic lately.
    Some good stuff. Anyone know how we would get this to the webmaster? As I've always said, I'm kind of an idea guy

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,501
    Steven just change the title to Total Nude Fests or somthing like that. He will notice it....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,953
    Some good stuff. Anyone know how we would get this to the webmaster? As I've always said, I'm kind of an idea guy
    Steve, try rob.damico@biggreenegg.com
    canuckland

Gary,

I'll give it a try.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BotchBotch Posts: 5,529
    Posting photos has always been frustrating to me on this site (and if we get Stickies, that should be the very first one!).
    Smell-o-Net would be cool, too.... 
    :D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 9,672
     Some way to organize bookmarks into custom folders for each member. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,920
    Maybe thread categories...

Egg tables
    Egging equipment
    Cooking utensils
    Recipes
    For sale items
    Playboy bunnies

You get my drift. I like seeing all the post but wonder if they could be "filed" after a length of time?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,209
    Playboy bunnies?  You think this site crashes now?  Playboy bunnies will produce more crashes than an ice storm in Georgia.
    I sent this link to Rob at BGE FYI

Steve 

Caledon, ON