Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Let's Throw It Down!!!

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,049
    edited May 2013
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 4,535
    edited May 2013
    I have not used Photobucket...but I think the easiest way might be to find the pic you want and open it in photobucket- click on the thumbnail to open in the largest view.  Then click "direct" over to the right and it will copy the link, back here click the image button and paste. 
    <edit- removed sample pic.  Didn't want to clutter up the throwdown page too much>

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 
  • SaturdayFatterdaySaturdayFatterday Posts: 464
    edited May 2013
    Edit:  had a comment on the sample pic here, but it's been removed and I can't delete altogether.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Egghead_DaronEgghead_Daron Posts: 518
    Me thinks Mr. Fletch may have made it back and posing as Mrs. Fletch. If not, you need to stay off this forum and spend more time with the Mrs. if she has that much enthusiasm for meat.
    LBGE Columbus IN
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 794

@Egghead_Daron, yea I am back. I was using my wife's phone to check the forum and left it on the throw down, that's when she volunteered me to copy cat SmokeyPitts this next weekend for our cook. 

She said if I continue to use her phone to look at the forum and leave it open she will find all kinds of things for me to cook... Guess I am going to use her phone more often

:))
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 10,889
    edited May 2013
    I give up on the images.........good grief

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 1,921
    I think Cen-Tex wins if only because he had to injure his significant other just to make the cook.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • I think Cen-Tex wins if only because he had to injure his significant other just to make the cook.

and she did it all on one foot!

• Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 4,054
    Goin' for the sympathy vote, eh? Seriously CT & TFJ, well done!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• Brownie points for using your own hens. Nice work, Goldie!
    "Bump"

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 8,171
    @allsid

"Similar to when I make my crab cakes, I used very little breading in the stuffing and let the crab speak for itself."

There's some Marylander somewhere in your family tree. Never truer words were spoken. Well done!
  • gator_eggergator_egger Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    You guys sure can cook!!!!!! =P~
    Gotta like bacon weave on a spatched bird!

• doubledouble Posts: 1,212
    I may have a back up entry this afternoon, I had some chicken parts that need using.
    Lynnwood WA
  • that is just insane. wrong on many levels but right on so many more.

I would like to add my "forgotten chicken" to the throw down. Found these this morning while cleaning up after the party. delicious and so tender with a hint of char.

Hope you replaced that old grill brush! Your gonna need it,
    Lynnwood WA

that is just insane. wrong on many levels but right on so many more.

But the doctor told me to eat more chicken and less red meat...
    Lynnwood WA
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,049
    Least you cooked it this time

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 1,468
    Those look great - especially if Mickey's wings were the appetizer.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

So... I had a chicken neck and one piece of bacon left over...I rubbed the neck and cooked it at 400 with some chicken broth.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I had some shrimp handy for lunch today so it seemed that bacon wrapped chicken neck shrimp would be the natural evolution.
    All wrapped up...
    Direct at about 500 till bacon crisped shrimp was perfectly cooked for my taste.

And on a plate.
    Lynnwood WA