Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New member with new table

SoykneeSoyknee Posts: 10
edited May 2013 in EGG Table Forum
I've been lurking here for a few years. After seeing some of the fine tables on here I spent a few weekends this winter building my egg a new home. I used white oak and a granite remnant for the top. Still need to put the drawer and door pulls on, maybe a bottle opener.

image.jpg 497.2K
image.jpg 629.8K
image.jpg 526.5K
·

Comments

• SoykneeSoyknee Posts: 10
    New to posting pics too
    ·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    edited May 2013
    nice!!!!im in the process of building mine, but i keep checking the table forum and keep changing my plans!!!!! happy egging!!! love the marble top!! :D
    ·
  • Great job. I love the granite.
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Granite looks great. Will it stay covered?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,733
    Nice!!!!  I'm ready to see you grill some pheasants!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
    I had it outside for one night covered and when I took the ventilated BGE cover off it was damp. Too much humidity here I think. So now it's in my garage. I've grilled and smoked a lot of pheasant on it. Apparently u saw my photobucket library before I removed the links?
    ·
  • Looks great!

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 736

Nice set up!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • chris123stockchris123stock Posts: 664
    Very nice set up. Great job.
    ·
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 215
    I love your new table and is right along the lines of what I would like to build.  Do all 3 compartments open and do you have any rough measurements?

·
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Very nice looking table.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,733
    Soyknee said:

I had it outside for one night covered and when I took the ventilated BGE cover off it was damp. Too much humidity here I think. So now it's in my garage. I've grilled and smoked a lot of pheasant on it. Apparently u saw my photobucket library before I removed the links?

Lol yeah :\">
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • Very nice!
    ·
    Finally put the pulls on the drawers and door. After a year of use I finally finished my table
    image.jpg 2.2M
    ·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 155
    Beautiful
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·