Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Newby Egg Head- two cooks under my belt

Team Eggies-

After two cooks I'm already addicted, and searching for more recipes to create. Can someone answer a rookie question please?

What does it mean when someone's cooking method is 3-1-1.

Thanks!

·

Comments

• CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    Don't have an answer for your question but welcome aboard.  I'm a newbie as well with a few cooks under my belt.  Even got my wife to cook last night.  Loving the Egg.

Charlie
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,403
    That's for ribs and cooking time with foil. 3 hours no foil, 1 hour foil, 1 hour no foil. You'll see different times but the principle is the same.
    ·
  • ddeggerddegger Posts: 244
    welcome!  This is a great forum where you can find answers to just about any question you have. 
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,609
    The first 4 hours are indirect. Some of the last hour can be direct to get a nice bark on the ribs.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Understand there are many ways to "skin a cat" and that is true in "EGGIN"!  You will see many,many methods for ribs and other things that work for those who recommend them, but they might be cooking at a higher or lower temperature -- or "direct"  or  "indirect" --  "foiled" or "unfoiled".  So sit back and digest what you read, study the pictures, before you jump into a cook.  Then when you find something that works for you, remember that one, or if you try something different and it comes out better  --- POST it, so we can try it!!! 

·
  • smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161

Welcome MPS!

The people on this forum can how you how to do things you never dreamnt of. 

(most of which, is legal).

Just read... and ask questions!

BOOMER!
    ·