Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Need for high-temp clean out

I keep seeing people talking about doing a high-temp clean out on this forum. Also see some of those that did saying they fried their gasket. My question is, what is the purpose of doing such a procedure?  Just to make the inside look new again? I do not get it. I understand the need to clean an oven in the kitchen, but the inside of an Egg? Sometimes I will clean off leftover stuff stuck to my cooking grate or my pizza stone using the appropriate tools (I love the GrillStone cleaning blocks- I got rid of all bristle brushes) and of course, ash in the bottom of the Egg. Also take insides out and vacuum, etc.

Don't mean this to be a rant. Just clueless about the need for a high-temp clean.

Springram
Spring, Texas
LBGE and Mini

Comments