Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And a mini for me...

caliking
caliking Posts: 18,727
Too excited to think of a witty thread title. ***Cue the David Hasselhoff montage***

I have lusted after a mini for some time now. Had to work on SWMBO to get it OK'ed. A birthday went by, some bday money came in, and then... I got a coupon in the mail for 20% off at Bering's Hardware in Houston. Called to check, and yep the eggs were included. 

So here goes:

Coming home.

Assembled and hanging out with Papa and Mama.

EggCarten is on order and may be ready in a week or two. The nest was going to be another $70, which I think is a waste compared to the EggCarten.

I think I need to go lie down... I'm feeling giddy.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Congrats on the Mini! I wanna see how you do the all terrain mod on that! ;)
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Jamieoro
    Jamieoro Posts: 180
    What a nice family you have! Congrats!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Giddy?? You make me nauseous!!

Congrats man. Always fun bringing a little one home. Very very excited to see what you cook on this thing. Your very creative.

XLBGE 
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Man I would like to see you put on of those big ass skewers of yours to work on the mini :))
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Nice Cali. I'm working a deal a new medium as we speak. Hope it works out.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Nice!
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    They are so cute at that age. Enjoy man
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Nicely done, a mini is such a joy to have in the family.  I love my small but next tax return season a mini will be coming home I'm for sure.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Her pic seat-belted into the passenger seat is precious!   ;;)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    At this rate I might not even need to bring a egg to the pool party, you'll have the whole set!

All kidding aside congratulations on the little egg. I can't wait to see it filled to the gasket!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • MisterM
    MisterM Posts: 17
    Botch said:

Her pic seat-belted into the passenger seat is precious!   ;;)

I'm pretty sure that they are supposed to be in a rear-facing carseat at that age. [-X

Congrats on the new mini!
    Large Big Green Egg w/ AR & Spider
    Smokin' butts and taking names.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    you'll love it.  i use mine nearly nightly.  makes things quick and easy.
  • caliking
    edited May 2013
    The little guy appreciates all the good will for welcoming him home.

I'm trying to keep track of things to do with him/ to him. So far I have:
    - all terrain mod... "wheels" are already turning, but will wait for the Egg Carten to arrive first.
    - big azz skewers meet ityy bitty mini...check
    - send @MrCookingNurse some Zofran

SWMBO says this is it - no more eggs. I haven't told her about the XXL yet :))

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    It's nuts to have him so close to the pool with no pfd.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Way to go Caliking! I'm proud of and for you. Hoping to pick up a small before long.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

Man that is a sweet deal that they honored the 20% coupon on the eggs.  I'm a little disappointed you didn't come home with a mini and an XL :P. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    When my Mini is not covered, my wife's friends all want to hug it like they do little babies. Caliking, you are going to love it along with the EggCarten.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I am jealous.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited May 2013
    Nest is not a waste. I have both the CARTen and the nest. I take them both with me when we picnic. I am afraid some of the old wooden table at parks will burn up with egg in CARTen and nest is a lot lighter that two fire bricks Congrats the mini is a wonderful addition to the group
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Congrats. You are gonna love it. So what's the first scheduled cook goona be?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Congrats, mini is a ton of fun.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Congrats. I love my mini and also, the nest. Still trying to figure out what other accessories i need to get for it.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Congrats. I love my mini and also, the nest. Still trying to figure out what other accessories i need to get for it.

Mini Woo

10" Wok from Mrs Chain @ Wok Shop in SF

9" Lodge CI

Egg Carten

Mapp Lighter

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Very good purchase, you're gonna love it!

The Egg Carten just makes it that much more usable.

:-j
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • caliking

Thanks, everyone.

@shtgunal3: you'll love the small. The mini has its own attraction coz its so goshdarn cute lookin, but the small can be a real portable workhorse. i know the mini can put out a lot of food, but not as much as the small can.

@Smokeypitt: I hate sleeping on the couch :)

@Springram: When I asked SWMBO to come outside she had that look of "I bet you're going to show me your new mini". When she saw the lil guy strapped into the seat she couldn't believe how cute he looked.

@Austin Egghead; do you place the nest in the EggCarten to keep it raised off the bottom of the Carten? I have some mods planned, but I have to get my EggCarten first.

@Griffin: promised i would christen it with a meat cook after my MIL picks a name. She gets naming rights because she drove a hard campaign for the acquisition of a mini in the first place.

@Mickey: thanks for the suggestions for accessories. I definitely want to get set up for wokking on the mini.

• Why buy a mini when you already have a small? :|
    Gittin' there...
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Wife loves the looks of the mini also. Mini is my only egg debating the large as my kitchen remodel went over budget but hey what's another $1k right.
    Seattle, WA
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Dude I am jealous! 

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• sticks88
    sticks88 Posts: 94
    Good to see the seat belt on.Up here we'd need a booster seat as well.Congrats.

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Congrats!!, and extremely envious!!! ^:)^
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......