Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Eggware vent cap

Hi all...I have a question, hoping someone can answer.  I read about favorable reviews on the stainless Eggware vent cap on this forum. Bought two for the Lg eggs.  Ok, the instrustions say to install the supplied gasket (felt) on the neck, and it will nestle the cap assembly.  Being that I have toasted two felt gaskets before I went with Rutland, and then somewhat toasted Rutland on hi-temp cleanouts, I am questioning the use of the felt, especially at the exhaust vent.

Methinks I should use the Rutland for the new cap also, anyone have comments??
Also, the new vent cap is adjustable for full temperature range of cooks, but is it tight enough for shutdown?  I think I have read that it was..

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
(2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)

Comments