Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

frickin' chicken

henapplehenapple Posts: 12,799
Got a little tongue tied yesterday and call chicken fried chicken..frickin' chicken.( no pbr consumed at this time) Henceforth that will be my official name for this dish. Sort of a test run on the throw down and in an unusual suprise I was very, very pleased with the outcome, as was the family. I was able to spend my afternoon cooking and working on my barrel project.
First i fried some bacon. Mainly for the grease but also because i can...
Soaked the flattened chicken in whole milk and an egg. My son cried when he saw the whole milk...mama buys skim.
Most people probably dredge their chicken but i bag it and let it set for a while. From the old catfish fry days.
I used my ci platter or griddle under my skillet. My first fry on the egg and thought the griddle might catch any spitting grease. Temp was around 500 dome which was perfect. Used the thermapen for the grease and the chicken. Put the Chicken(2 batches) in the oven but not covered. It did a great job of keeping the crust crispy.
Saved a little of the grease and some of the "scrunchies" as Jake calls them.

Used the leftover all purpose flour mixed with a little Dizzy Dust. Just enough to see it in the flour. Stirred in the whole milk and added more than needed so i could cook it "down". Mama always makes the gravy but I decided to make a run at and my arm hurts... (slapping myself on the back)
What's better than chicken fried chicken or frickin chicken than frickin chicken smothered in gravy and bacon bits. Jake asked where the leftover bacon was so we crumbled it up over the chicken...He's learning quickly.

What I learned.

Double dip and dredge or shake twice...much better crust.
Pound the chicken but don't get cray cray. Means crazy for those with no street cred.
Thermapen the chicken to the correct temp...tender as &^%$
Use the bacon for the grease and the topping..not like you're eating healthy anyways.
I didn't use a lot of spices but the crust and chicken spoke for itself.

This will be done on a frequent schedule. Thanks for looking.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments