Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 EggHead Forum Rub & Sauce Exchange

Options

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    And he's....... OUTTA HERE
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Man that was creepy!
    Flint, Michigan
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

And he's....... OUTTA HERE

Yep! I think we've seen the last of that nutcase! At least until Tweev Jr. resurfaces with a new handle. Lol

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Methinks that trevor is here among us right now

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

I hope we are done with this excursion/sideshow/distraction/disruption....

Hate it when these happen in a world of tranquil.

Can we get back to sauces and rubs please.

I got me some "stuff" and lookin good so far. I might have already what it takes to do the exchange.

\:D/

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Methinks that trevor is here among us right now

I miss Trevor. Based on his computer acumen, I may have to work a lot harder next time.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Yesterday saw a great buy on some Pro Circuit award winning sauces and rub base. SWMBO asked what if the person you draw doesn't want sauces? Told her we would just have to get something else and we will just have to use it up. I know it is a dirty job, but someone has to do it.
    Love it, best thread yet - drama, entertainment, "team" building and maybe some more stuff - Thanks Cazzy!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    and all just when I thought the guy couldn't make himself look more like a tool. Fool me once.............
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    I'm in, what a great idea.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Mickey said:

In the talk about a little extra to send to Canada on the rubs. Most of you do not know what Little Steven did a couple of years ago at the Salado Fest.

Steven sent a couple of cases of La Bomba (?spelling) to me to pass out at the Fest. Nothing brought up about postage (it was huge).

Put me down for a Canadian gift anytime.

I'm in the same boat as Mickey. I have a surprise up my sleeve if I draw a Canadian friend.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    It took me forever to sign in... I was jonesing.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

Yesterday saw a great buy on some Pro Circuit award winning sauces and rub base. SWMBO asked what if the person you draw doesn't want sauces? Told her we would just have to get something else and we will just have to use it up. I know it is a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Love it, best thread yet - drama, entertainment, "team" building and maybe some more stuff - Thanks Cazzy!
    Haha yea buddy. If my person doesn't fit the bill for what I've already bought, it'll be painful, but ill just have to use it!!

XLBGE 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I thought the idea of this was to exchange local rubs and sauces.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    CT,
    Lets all start now and sign up for Eggtoberfest. We can call ourselves the "C-americadians". Now that will be a party. 

I would suggest this for Salado next year but VI said something about his CCW for Canadians or what-not. We'd have to be extra-nice to him - No Vespa jokes.
  • henapple
    Options
    When do we send?
  • henapple
    Options
    A early gift. A friend sent me a ci do... Wow. I'm thinking coshon de lait...
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Elfster gets your giftee to you after the deadline. Like the next day or earlier 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    Options
    henapple said:

When do we send?

6/28 unless you draw a Canadian. I think 10 business day lead should be good for them. Y'all let me know if we should ship earlier than that for shipments to Canada.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I thought the idea of this was to exchange local rubs and sauces.
    Fair enough. Can I still do all the other stuff in support on my Canadian brothers?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Sure, I'll send you down a toque and a parka if you want

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    USPS shipments to Canada from USA are pretty good. Food products noted on the Customs declaration form are also seldom subject to import tariff and duty - unless they are from overseas, an no LS, Lake Ontario is not classified as a sea. 
    Parcels valued at <$20 are rarely, if ever, inspected or challenged. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    UPDATE
    ---------------------------

I spoke with Elfster this evening and she's going to start working on an article for the blog!  :)  In addition, she told me what I need to do to prevent in-state exchanging.  It's tedious since I will have to set draw restrictions for each member individually, but I think it will be worth it.  She mentioned one option is to set the exchange to be random (after Draw Restrictions) or to have two participants share with one another.  Thoughts?  

I am asking for one or a couple volunteers to put together a synopsis about what our community is all about.  I think it would be a good thing to include information about EggFests too.  Any takers? 

Reminder...please remember to enter your forum handle into the "Nickname" field.  Also, your address is obviously necessary so please enter that if you haven't done so.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    I'll help with the tedious task, i've been retired long enough I might just be able to handle that if you want. 
    For the synopsis, you need the experienced guys mixed in with someone with a gift for words. 

LS and Mickey teamed with henapple or eggcelsior or fred maybe. Just my thoughts. Both CenTex and Travis would be good choices, but you just don't know with them....
    :))
  • cazzy
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I'll help with the tedious task, i've been retired long enough I might just be able to handle that if you want. 
    For the synopsis, you need the experienced guys mixed in with someone with a gift for words. 

LS and Mickey teamed with henapple or eggcelsior or fred maybe. Just my thoughts. Both CenTex and Travis would be good choices, but you just don't know with them....
    :))
    Skiddy, I have just added Assistant privileges to your account.  Click on Participants, then you will see Draw Restrictions next to their name.  If there are 5 TX members, you have to select each TX participant under each persons Draw Restrictions link.  Rinse and repeat for each state (assuming a state has multiple participants).  I think the best way to do it would be to copy the data from the Participants page, then format and sort.  That will ensure you dont miss anyone and should make it a little easier.

Really appreciate the help!  I'm on daddy duty with 2 lil kiddos for the next few days while the wife is out of town partying...I mean working.   :P
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    I think it'd be neat to have random. More of a giant group hug than a you scratch my back ill scratch yours.

Let me know if I can be of any help. Writing is not my strong hand.

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I'm in if you need me.
  • henapple
    Options
    I'd be happy to write something... Mcn, group hug, scratching... You're freaky. I like that.
  • SaturdayFatterday
    Options
    I know that I'm new to this forum (very new, in fact), and I would never presume to draft anything resembling the synopsis Elfster has requested myself.  However, if experienced hands want to provide bullet points about the nature and importance of this community, I can synthesize them into a concise and accurate paragraph or two which the community can review and on which everyone can provide feedback prior to its submission.  My work is client-based and is pretty slow right now, so I've got a decent amount of time on my hands.  

Obviously, I won't be insulted if you don't need my help, but let me know if I can be of any use.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.