Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So much for the $60 I saved on my Shun knife

Options
2»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    @TFJ and Cen-Tex-Reads like all will work out just fine but no one needs that excitement ever.  Looking for the upside-it sure was sharp so the cut was clean and quick.  Looks like the doc did a great job of sewing and think of the stories down the road :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Man I am glad I read that post because I almost start laughing...then I realized it was your wife.  That sucks.  
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Ouch I hope she is fine, with the doctor bill that knife probably just doubled in cost.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options

Sorry Cen-Tex.  I hope your bride feels better soon.  If you think the knife is bad luck, send it to me.  I can prolly work all that bad luck out of it, but I'm sure it will take a LLLLLOOOONNNNGGG time! 

;)
    Flint, Michigan
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    Options
    Glad to hear she is doing ok! As you said any knife would have done that, not just a sharp one. Also, better to have a sharp knife cut than dull which can rip/tear instead of make a clean cut. Even though this is a freak accident and occurred with a sharp knife, a sharp knife is less dangerous than a dull one when cutting. Keep those knives sharp and stay safe everyone!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Janell you go girl. If that had happen to John he would still be screaming. Now go get off that foot girl. Tell John to get whatever you need for a few days.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    she got so lucky. We just found where the knife got hung up on her pant leg and probably saved it from going right through her foot.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Well there's a bonus for janelle- shopping trip in her future. And unfortunately for u centex probably not dickies. Just hand her your credit card and say "glad you are okay"
    Greensboro, NC
  • Girl_on_Grill
    Options
    @lakewade: stitches will be out in time for the beach trip!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Keep sun protection on the wound as well as moisturizer to prevent scarring. I don't want CT's legs looking nicer than yours. Especially in a kilt.
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    caliking said:
    Bummer for sure, but glad to hear that she is okay. My best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

Get some cocoa butter with vitamin E and rub on the scar a few times daily, starting 3-4days after the day of injury. Vitamin E is great for skin healing and will help to minimize the scar.
    Listen to @caliking.....he knows what he is talking about.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    well the good thing is that your wife will never shave her legs again with the shun
    :D thatss gonna hurt when the meds wear off
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Bummer, but accidents do happen. Hope the TFJ is doing ok and there is a complete recovery.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
    Options
    You could almost call it a "shin" knife.. I hope she heals quickly!!!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    caliking said: 
    Get some cocoa butter with vitamin E and rub on the scar a few times daily, starting 3-4days after the day of injury. Vitamin E is great for skin healing and will help to minimize the scar.
    @Girl_on_Grill if Cen-Tex starts rubbing the cocoa butter any higher than your knee, it might not be minimizing the scar he is actually thinking about....
    Good luck. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Sorry to hear Cen-tex. Hope the healing process is smooth and quick.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Mickey
    Options
    Ok, was she baking?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said: 
    @Girl_on_Grill if Cen-Tex starts rubbing the cocoa butter any higher than your knee, it might not be minimizing the scar he is actually thinking about....
    Good luck. 
    I take a holistic approach to healing..............
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    caliking said: 
    Good luck. 
    TFJ to CT - Cocoa Butter? Really?

DANCE POOL BOY! DANCE!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    it won't stop. I wish the forum would crash again. It burns my eyes.........

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options

Well...I WAS hungry.  So much for that.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They have some Shun on woot right now :)

...going fast though (woot off).  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    Sorry for her accident, you may owe her now ! Hope she heals quickly !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • CoolBees
    CoolBees Posts: 32
    Options
    For whats its worth, there are more injuries with dull knives than sharp ones due to the force required in cutting. Obviously, it is important to handle either carefully. 
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    Awesome because we will need you healthy to prepare the Thrice Baked Grouper.  There's a recipe to share with the forum?  

(All joking aside - can't wait for the beach trip!)

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Mickey
    Options
    lakewade said:
    Awesome because we will need you healthy to prepare the Thrice Baked Grouper.  There's a recipe to share with the forum?  

(All joking aside - can't wait for the beach trip!)

What beach?

• Girl_on_Grill
    Options
    @caliking Thanks, I'll try it!
    @Eggcelsior ... um NO thanks!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Nice pins, GOG !   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @mickey: Port A

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Just got goose bumps looking at all this pics, be careful out there people.
    Large, small, and a mini