Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT Tornado in Moore (Oklahoma City) today. Worst tornado outbreak in US history.

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/05/20/oklahoma-braces-for-severe-storms/

I have several family members in the OKC area. So far everyone . I saw the '99 tornado in the same area and was stunned by the destruction. My niece and family lost their home and livestock in that one. This one is supposed to be bigger. Hope all of the Eggheads in the Moore area are safe and sound. 
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
·

Comments

• CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    I share your thoughts!!! Stay safe OKC
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,148
    @solson005, @Firemedic183

Are you guys okay?
    ·
  • @solson005, @Firemedic183 Are you guys okay?
    Bet firemedic183 is working.Hope you guys are safe.

·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 642
    Thoughts and prayers.
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,452
    So terrible. Keeping hope.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,343
    Hope and prayers

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    I have one family member who has not checked in. No surprise, cell phones and land lines are out. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,214
    Prayers...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,549
    Praying for you all.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • Firemedic183Firemedic183 Posts: 171
    Don't know yet how the house is. I think the tornado missed the house, but not sure about debris.
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
    ·
    @Firemedic183 My niece says the tornados left a path a mile wide. No comms working in Moore. If you need someone to check your house out, let me know.
    ·
    I messaged jd (smoking sooner) but haven't heard back.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Thoughts and prayers with all affected.
    ·
    henapple said:

I messaged jd (smoking sooner) but haven't heard back.

JD is ok but has family in the area. Send up a prayer.
    ·
    Operation BBQ Relief is on its way to Oklahoma. OBR has many competition BBQ teams with big rigs and mobile kitchens. They feed first responders and the homeless. OBR is a legit 501(c)3 charity. Please go to their site and donate NOW http://www.operationbbqrelief.org/
    www.operationbbqrelief.org
    Operation BBQ Relief is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation founded in May, 2011 in response to a need for relief efforts in tornado-stricken Joplin, Missouri.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522

Hope and pray you guys ride it through safely.

Nature sucks sometimes.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 332
    I was watching the live video feed of it.. It was a huge tornado.. I looked away for a bit and came back and it was MASSIVE.. There were powerline pops a good 1/2 mile away from the base of it.  Hopefully the loss of life is minimal.. 
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
    ·
  • smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161
    Damn twister messing with my people in OK.  Thanks for checking on me and mine. I hope everyone out there is safe. This is making me sick. Still waiting to hear from some family and friends.
    BOOMER!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,775
    Good to hear from the OK folks who have checked in that all is good (well relatively speaking I guess). Hope the check-ins for others with family in the area continue to bear good news.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,719
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by the rath of these vicious tornados. So sad...stay safe Oklahoma!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
    edited May 2013
    Friends, if you know anyone in Moore area that can help, it would be greatly appreciated. We have a friend that is stuck outside of town, has kids that were in the line of this tornado, and now they can not find or reach them. House address is 608 North Morgan in Moore. Please PM me. thanks
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,347
    Terrible storm- my thoughts, prayers, and best wishes for those affected. Words can't express...
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,608
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Take care.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,216

Thoughts and prayers to all who have had to deal with the wrath.  And more importantly to those who have  had to face the reality of what nature has wrought. 

Louisville
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Thoughts and prayer go out to all who are affected.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·